Horimiya - Vol. 13 Ch. 97 - Dare

Fed-Kun's army
Why the fuck you do all want Hori and Miyamura to have more chapters to them? They are basically married and implied to fuck already, what more do you want?

Fuck all of you who still complains about slice of life in a slice of life romcom.

Double-page supporter
I don't care about everyone. I want this manga continues as a slice-of-life like this forever. If you don't like it just drop it. There are plenty of people like this, comedy with no drama.

Dex-chan lover
I don't see high school age guys holding each other's hands, unless they are shaking hands, it's some traditional dance requiring a long line of people doing that, they are saving another guy about to fall off a cliff, they are gay, or other such things. I could say perhaps it's a thing in Japan, but then why is it only happening in very few manga series? Not that it would be the only weird thing the guys are doing in this series, which makes me wonder how this can be shounen.

Dex-chan lover
@SilverChaika Hmm..? I'm just saying the boys in this manga frequently act in a way that I find very unlikely or unnatural. In fact in this very chapter Miyamura himself was wondering why he needs to be holding another grown-up dude's hand. That just doesn't happen in RL, unless there are special circumstances, which I gave examples of. I could see it happening in certain kinds of shoujo manga trying to please fujoshi audience, but this is supposed to be shounen.

Dex-chan lover
I really love slice of life so it doesn't bother me if theres no drama What I don't want to happen is that this manga gets finished with the other characters getting no character development or other characters getting forgotten, after all Hori/Miyamura's pretty much doesnt have current issues..

@Kaarme isn't Miyamura and Prez holding hands for the comedic effect tho? I am pretty sure it just shows that Prez trusts Miyamura and the fact that holding hands with the others will get pretty much awkward....

I like the slice of life antics they do, but I feel like they've completely lost the depth behind Hori and Miyamura's characters at this point.

I had forgot all about his tatoos >.> it feels like its been so looooong.

it originally was comics strips, you cant actually expect it to have some deep plot, can you?

even with the filles after Hory and Myamura got together, this is the manga that I like the most cause author didnt mess up after getting to the main plot and every chapter its still fun to read.

Dex-chan lover
What makes this story great isn't just the plot or drama but the interactions between the characters. Right now this story isn't even about Miyamura's and Hori's secrets anymore. It's just a brilliant slice of life with things like Miyamura's tatous only adding another point to include(btw I think the story is perfect in every way and my comment is only a praise even though it sounds like it can be interpreted negativly).

Fed-Kun's army
what makes this manga entertaining is I can relate so many things cuz this daily high school romcom thing actually happened around me when i was a high school student. yes. around me. around.

Fed-Kun's army
this manga deserve a proper anime adaptation, not that low budget OVA

As far as I understand the "main plot" ended when Miyamura proposed to Hori, everything else after it are just a bunch of extras/side stories or something like that, at least on the comic strips.

Dex-chan lover
Whoa all of a sudden a discussion about how the manga is so different in tone from the beginning, but like thats been the case for a long time the only really good chapters are till ch 22 from there it just devolved into this very typical romcom/sol series, Hori is still the best part but she and every character changed so much, mostly all their character traits disappeared and were before they felt like real characters with depth now theyre just 1 note jokes for the most part.

Also for some reason the author keeps on trying to make Miyamura gay and puts on a lot of weird BL stuff, also you can never take the characters seriously cuz theyre constantly turned into idiots, Hori and Miyamura went through so much, theyre supposed to really understand each other, theyve fucking promised to marry but for some reason the author keeps on this joke about Hori thinking hes gonna leave her for super stupid reasons out of a gag manga, as if shes worried the boy she likes hates her and is not gonna go out with her.

Also he gives characters motivations or likes that were previously never there, Ishikawa being in love with Yuki came from outta nowhere, Hori's family is suddenly always there, Miyamura being possibly gay ?, Hori being an M (i'll admit i like this one) it just doesn't make sense though.

Still im already too deep to drop it but i am disappointed with how the manga turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread