Horimiya - Vol. 15 Ch. 114 - Treasuring You

Contributor
Miyamura's ear piercings are like a coping mechanism by now. Hori doesn't want Miyamura to hurt himself anymore by piercing his ears. Since ear piercings are almost permanent. BUT WTF HAPPENED TO HORI she used to be a refreshing main character but now... SHE'S JUST VIOLENT

Fed-Kun's army
Silly chapter, but it had a really thoughtful bit about Miyamura and coping mechanisms here...

Dex-chan lover
Ya know
Even though she doesn’t know the exact reason why he got those piercings and neither does he to an extent (his words not mine) I find it sweet that she could tell they had a bad vibe, she doesn’t know they we’re negative aspects of his past (coping mechanisms and a way of abuse) she just knew it felt wrong. And I like that

I understand Hori has good intentions, but the use of physical violence to cover up her inability to be honest is getting pretty annoying. This relationship doesn't seem cute to me anymore when Miyamura is always getting hurt. Like we can play it off as a manga gag but I just don't enjoy seeing their interactions anymore.

-Think back to my own 8 ear piercings in middle school- Hm....This chapter makes me wonder why did I even do it before also. Haha.

Hori's violence is not funny or charming or anything.

Miyamura doesn't like being hit. He isn't a sadist. He doesn't seek violence and he doesn't enjoy violence.
If the genders were reversed, it would be clear how unfunny it is.

I was so happy to see the main couple back front and center but disappoint by the return to Hori violence.

I'm not sure how beating the crap out of someone will get them to treasure themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, this just went too far. Sure, Hori can be pretty short-tempered, but usually it's in some sort of moderation. But in this chap she went all out on the physical abuse and I don't like it.

Fed-Kun's army
I believe majority of readers knows that Hori probably had good intentions but it's definitely with how it's portrayed that makes it a bit questionable. She was definitely a bit temperamental before but it seems with every chapter, it just gets more explosive.

Yanagi best girl. Also from my experience about piercing if you already looks good it's really is fine, but if you are not it will amplify ur flaws by quite alot

It seems that Hori got that violence from her family. Hori and her mom have always mistreated the dad on a daily basis and it seems normal to them. Maybe she thinks its alright to treat Miyamura that way as well because of how she grew up, but I don't think that should justify it.

I agree with the comments, this is a little concerning. I'm sad that Hori has become this way but I hope Miyamura can address this issue somehow.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Hori was ultra toxic this chapter, I guess she really did it out of concern for Miyamura, but what the hell, getting so violent over some piercings that he had before they even knew each other.

Dex-chan lover
Oh right, he did have those... It has been totally irrelevant for like, the last 100 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread