Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.5 - Ten Years Later (1)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dex-chan lover
this is just temporary most likely
for anyone wondering, the webcomic is practically infinite

this story is cute too

Dex-chan lover
lmao Hori with short hair... no wonder Sota said he only have brothers. Well the hair and her personality of course 👹

Dex-chan lover
Why would hori be at her parents house making dinner after 10 years?
That makes absolutely no sense

Dex-chan lover
This honestly felt welcome with how little plot progression, story, tension, conflict, or really anything we've had in the main series for the longest. Not really faulting it (I accept that the author finished the plot and character development and then just wanted a slow slice of life), but this is nice. The transition could have been better done though (an intermediary chapter to lead into a time skip arc; this was kinda random and felt out of place). I am curious if this a permanent change or just temporary to shove some plot in there (I'd be fine with either; just saying but a slow life with my main couple 10+ years later (adults and living together and potentially married) would be pretty freaking awesome). Also, how dense can you get? When someone only spends time with you to the point he doesn't even notice other girls, tries to hold hands, and says they can't ask for advice on their crush for you, you're allowed to think they like you. This is like harem protag levels of density.

@remiska from my understanding (which isn't much so feel free to correct me) there's culturally in Japan an idea around living in your parents house or with your parents (potentially to help take care of them). I know I've read other series where the characters get married and move into either of the parents home. I think the idea is around coming back home to help take care of your family (Hori would be here to take care of her little brother and put burden off of 10yrs older parents (who may or may not just be taking a bunch of trips from all that stuff with souvenirs). At the very least I'm pretty sure its way more acceptable in the east than in the west (namely the U.S. where living with your parents in your childhood home as an adult is shameful no matter how successful your career and responsible you are). Beyond that there's a near infine number of other reasons. Nothing is explained very well (if at all) with this time skip. At least hori got a panel unlike some characters that are only being barely mentioned.

oh no .. oh no no no please don't end this manga soon please mangaka-san this is my only reason to live by

@b4nji
It's just a mini arc with Souta (Hori's little bro) as the protagonist, Yuna and Keigo are Souta's childhood friends.

@remiska Surprisingly its way more accurate than you'd expect. Unlike the manga stereotype of kids going off to live by themselves, often after highschool in Japan kids will commute to college from their parents house, and not move out until they are married. Frequently, even after they are married they will be a fixture in their parents house. This is due to the culture of children giving back to their parents though the nuclear family structure is somewhat falling apart more and more due to modern day work practices.

...so is Hori and Miyamura married by this time? I HOPE SO AND WHY ARE THERE NO KIDS HERE DHDBDJDBDJ ITS A 10 YEAR TIME SKIP FOR PETE'S SAKE

tho Souta and Yuna are soooooo cute SOUTA, CONFESS NOW!!! LEARN FROM YOUR TWO BROTHERS (hahaha)

OH. MY. GOD! It's happening!

As much as i do wanna know what will happen between them and their story, i wanna see the time-skip of the two, Hori and Miyamura!

Users who are viewing this thread