Horimiya - Vol. 17 Ch. 123 - Prologue

Now there's three... The eff is wrong with people? Hopefully people realize that TSP is back to translate this volume correctly.
There's nothing "wrong" with people as people are free to translate what they like. Yes, other scanlation groups may be also translating it but they do not own the series, so to speak. I translated it as closely to the original as I possibly could, so there's no correct or wrong way of translating. I simply do not understand your rudeness.

Group Leader
There's nothing "wrong" with people as people are free to translate what they like. Yes, other scanlation groups may be also translating it but they do not own the series, so to speak. I translated it as closely to the original as I possibly could, so there's no correct or wrong way of translating. I simply do not understand your rudeness.
I leave it to the pros honestly. Don't know why we need multiple version of a chapter when a good version has already been released. You just crowd people's update page of a chapter that's already been read. Repeats are really annoying.

I would say work on the next chapter that hasn't been released yet, but no offense, but I cringed at your work.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Honestly, as much as I understand why you're saying that, this is Mangadex. Chapters can, and often will, get taken down by the group that uploaded them. I feel more at ease when there are multiple versions available.

I leave it to the pros honestly. Don't know why we need multiple version of a chapter when a good version has already been released. You just crowd people's update page of a chapter that's already been read. Repeats are really annoying.

I would say work on the next chapter that hasn't been released yet, but no offense, but I cringed at your work.
To say you cringed at my work, and then follow it with a "no offense" kind of beats the whole "I don't mean to offend you" thing as saying things like that can, and will, offend the person in question. I'm a one person team, so it's only natural I make mistakes here and there. Besides, what made you "cringe" exactly?

Group Leader
To say you cringed at my work, and then follow it with a "no offense" kind of beats the whole "I don't mean to offend you" thing as saying things like that can, and will, offend the person in question. I'm a one person team, so it's only natural I make mistakes here and there. Besides, what made you "cringe" exactly?
Your typesetting mostly. Start by centering your text in bubbles.

Go ahead with your endeavors. I'll just have to ignore them. Sorry for nitpicking. It just gets on my nerves that multiple version of a chapter for a series exist, and a group with experience and has already worked on the series in the past already exclaimed that they're working on the series ages ago.

Last edited:
Honestly, as much as I understand why you're saying that, this is Mangadex. Chapters can, and often will, get taken down by the group that uploaded them. I feel more at ease when there are multiple versions available.
Exactly! People don't always keep up their work for one reason or another, and sometimes they just disappear. Also, is it truly wrong to want to give people options? Of course, I understand the whole "too many options" thing.

Contributor
Exactly! People don't always keep up their work for one reason or another, and sometimes they just disappear. Also, is it truly wrong to want to give people options? Of course, I understand the whole "too many options" thing.
I think in general that's why it's common courtesy to give 3 months before taking over. I get free will and options and all that, but most people won't appreciate it or give it the time of day, especially when an established scanlation team is already doing it. It's more valuable to the community as a whole, in my opinion, to translate a currently untranslated series rather than doing this. Of course, you're in your prerogative to continue this, but yeah, seems a bit redundant.

I think in general that's why it's common courtesy to give 3 months before taking over. I get free will and options and all that, but most people won't appreciate it or give it the time of day, especially when an established scanlation team is already doing it. It's more valuable to the community as a whole, in my opinion, to translate a currently untranslated series rather than doing this. Of course, you're in your prerogative to continue this, but yeah, seems a bit redundant.
I'm mostly doing this as it's a series I feel passionate about. If people choose or don't choose to read my releases, I can completely respect that. Also, it's not like I'm only doing this and nothing else (I'm translating songs, as well).

Dex-chan lover
I would say work on the next chapter that hasn't been released yet
Translator: uploads a chapter that has already been translated by other groups
Reader: I can't believe you uploaded something that was already translated!

Translator: uploads chapters that other groups haven't already translated
Reader: OMG, I can't believe you're sniping this series from [insert group name]!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, apparently.

Supporter
I see no problem with someone scanlating something that is already being done. Scanlators aren't robots that can work on any series, people scanlate series they like.

But you should work on your typesetting. Aim to centre the text and have the text shape flow like a diamond, smaller at the start then wider in the middle and smaller at the end. Don't rely on the editing tool to flow the text you should put the newlines in yourself.

For instance not this.
05.png

Diamond shaped text.
06.png

Dex-chan lover
My personal gripe with multiple people scanlating one series is that
1. The new person might not be scanlate the future chapters and the existing groups might even drop this series since we don't need multiple translated chpaters of the same series, which results in the damn thing not being scanlated for quite a while.
2. The other is a minor thing, which is community drama which is practically unnecessary, when there's so many manga which are untranslated out there.

I see no problem with someone scanlating something that is already being done. Scanlators aren't robots that can work on any series, people scanlate series they like.

But you should work on your typesetting. Aim to centre the text and have the text shape flow like a diamond, smaller at the start then wider in the middle and smaller at the end. Don't rely on the editing tool to flow the text you should put the newlines in yourself.

For instance not this.
05.png

Diamond shaped text.
06.png
Thank you for the tips for typesetting! I'm still very much a beginner and, like I said earlier, I do this solo/as a one person team. :)

Dex-chan lover
I got a maaad question
86834d18d8ca2659682a09fb1e57fa5e.png

How did this get right aligned of all alignments? Like I can understand left, shit usually defaults to that, but how did this get right aligned?

Users who are viewing this thread