Horimiya - Vol. 17 Ch. 126

Dex-chan lover
This feels so odd to me… don’t get me wrong, I love seeing these releases and they have been very well done by the translators and team. But… It’s like seeing an old scar, in a way?

This series hit me in a weird way when I first read through it a couple years ago. I reeeeeaally liked it, and was happy for the ending. But it also left a strong melancholy aftertaste. Something about how “real” the characters felt, reminded me almost TOO strongly of high school years. Not in a bad way, just… in a way that stuck with me for well over a year.

Now we’re getting more content, and I love seeing the story get even more development. But it’s also brought back that heavy melancholy aftertaste for me. It’s strongly bittersweet every single time one of these updates comes out.

Dex-chan lover
I wish I could erase my memories to reread this masterpiece. Literally the definition of wholesome. Thanks for the chapter.
There are some anime that I would like to watch for the first time again. Horimiya, Golden Time, and Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (the movie) immediately come to mind.

Dex-chan lover
When you make shampoo commercial but you forgot to put in the brand, the one thing that mattered :qq:

This series hit me in a weird way when I first read through it a couple years ago. I reeeeeaally liked it, and was happy for the ending. But it also left a strong melancholy aftertaste. Something about how “real” the characters felt, reminded me almost TOO strongly of high school years. Not in a bad way, just… in a way that stuck with me for well over a year.

Now we’re getting more content, and I love seeing the story get even more development. But it’s also brought back that heavy melancholy aftertaste for me. It’s strongly bittersweet every single time one of these updates comes out.

Well put! Something about Horimiya really hits a melancholy, bittersweet note of nostalgia--for me, I think it's evoking emotions from college. Not something I dislike, but it's also not the same type of "fluffy" joy I might feel in a cute romance. Hard to describe precisely.

Dex-chan lover
Right, I'm confused. Pretty sure Horimiya ended in Ch 123. What are these extra chapters about (of which some are apparently redone versions of old extras)?

Dex-chan lover
I hate the wind. I live in east texas so it's always humid and have really curly hair so when I tie my hair in a bun and leave my front bangs hanging the wind always blows my hair up and reveals my receding hairline. Then whenever I straighten my bangs they take the shape of the wind or go back to curly in 5 minutes because of the humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread