Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte - Vol. 9 Ch. 74 - Don't wait for the rainbow, cross the bridge.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter...I don’t know how much the ending can be sh*tty, but I still want to read it.

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Oh ho ho, I didn't expect someone would translate this rage inducing manga again, thank you so much. I'm ready for some of angery moments.

Dex-chan lover
So
since people are typing in angery that ending sucks, please spoil me a little and tell me:
does it end in worse way than 'My Wife Is Wagatsuma-san'?

Fed-Kun's army
Reading the comments, I noticed there's a lot of people upset/dissapointed at the ending.
Can someone please spoil me the ending if possible.

From https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/9fjckr/disc_hoshino_me_wo_tsubutte_epilogue_volume_13_end/ :
"Basically, the main character wimps out and dumps his girlfriend because she doesn't need him once he stops wearing makeup. She becomes so disgusted she refuses to even acknowledge his existence anymore. His confidence shot, he withdraws into himself and all of his friend abandon him to go back to their old cliques and all the girls who liked him realize that they were too good for him. The series ends with him hoping that he can make at least one friend."
Also this: "The manga originally ended with almost all the relationship broken, each character finished in their own separate way, it feelt like a start from zero... that pissed off a lot of fans, because the best thing about this manga was undoubted seeing how the characters matured and changed interacting with each other, none of them were perfect, all have bad days, childish or fears. So ending with a clean slate was even worse than a sad-bad ending."
In short, It's better to stay away from this series and keep the good moments in your memory. Obviously the author doesn't know how to properly conclude a story when there is character development, because the conclusion of this manga is worse than merely subverting expectations.

Fed-Kun's army
I cast the light upon thee, ye foul beast, back into the darkness with ye!!!

@mammon
Which is a wonder because his Misaki's Request short is actually pretty chill, vanilla and good. I don't know how he missed the mark so much with Hoshino. I have no idea how good Houkago Sword Club (his other original manga) is, but I have no confidence in his conclusion-writing skills for long stories.

Aggregator gang
Wait wahwahwawahwahwahwahwahwah? thats how it ends?

wtfffff, and I thought axes were bad....

peace out

Supporter
I don't know why I came back I know the ending is shit but still I can't help myself.

Users who are viewing this thread