Hotel Metsäpeura e Youkoso - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - To Saariselkä

Dex-chan lover
The shopping center shown in the chapter actually burned down last year.

Sunset at 1pm?! Hmmm wonder what they’re planning. Thanks for the update!
North of the arctic circle, in the middle of the winter, the sun doesn't rise above the horizon at all. It's called the polar night. In the middle of the summer, the sun doesn't set at all, resulting in the midnight sun. In practice in all of Finland, the winter is very dark and daylight hours short, whereas in the summer the days are very long and it doesn't really get dark at all. South of the arctic circle, you can see the sun barely set in the middle of the night, but then it will just start to climb back up right away.

Group Leader
The shopping center shown in the chapter actually burned down last year.

Oh wow I didn't know that. Looking at the magazines, it appears this chapter was published in Haruta in November 2021, while the fire happened in February 2022.

Slight correction (page 13, upper left panel. I'm sure it's in the original script, so not a translation issue as such, but still incorrect), Tarja Halonen has never served as Finland's Prime Minister, but served two terms as President (2000-2006 and 2006-2012. And yeah, unlike in the US, we have 6 years terms for the President).

Group Leader
Slight correction (page 13, upper left panel. I'm sure it's in the original script, so not a translation issue as such, but still incorrect), Tarja Halonen has never served as Finland's Prime Minister, but served two terms as President (2000-2006 and 2006-2012. And yeah, unlike in the US, we have 6 years terms for the President).
Ahahaha whoops no that was a translation mistake on my part. It totally says president in Japanese and I remember double checking the wikipedia article on her for the spelling. For some reason I just had a massive brain fart and replaced president with prime minister. Thanks for pointing it out, it's fixed now!

Users who are viewing this thread