Houkago - Ch. 6 - After School 6

Group Leader
Hello, you may be wondering "man why isn't chapter 5 on here"

Well basically the scanlators don't have it yet, but they did have 6. So read it if you want or don't.

Dex-chan lover
Love how her thoughts inclued mostly Ichika, but also has "Cat". Lol. Cute and hot sleepover. I'm glad she ended up passing after that brilliant study session.

Also that color pic at the end is way too cute.

Thanks for the translation. Btw... You can find chapter 5 but in Chinese language. I read it atau Chinese manga website.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly. This mangaka should just stick to drawing steamy art of them kissing, because her attempts at writing a story are embarrassing.

Dex-chan lover
When you're a moron but your GF is smart so you can have study sleepover.

Dex-chan lover
@Syazdalia
Try contacting the translators.

The translator mainly translate raw from sadpanda, and ofc there's not Japan raw there.

In order to translate The Chapter 5 one, we might need a Chinese to English translators instead of JP to EN.

Double-page supporter
@phoenixir: They're useless enough. They spent all night and all the next day (apparently) together on the bed, and all they did was kiss. Seems like someone needs to teach them what the next steps are.

Group Leader
This is cute, fluffy, hot and interesting.

In fact, it made me check Gay Rights in Japan (because she mentioned marriage)...
I've been checking sources and all for half an hour now, and damn I feel conflicted.

I'll put the result of my research in "spoiler" tags, so that people uninterested don't have to check this block of text:

So, I'm conflicted, because Japan is an anomaly in Asia. They are fairly cool with homosexuality.
In fact, the large majority are fairly fine with considering gay couple as normal and that they should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.
But that's not the case yet. In short, there's no legal gay marriage in Japan, you can't adopt or have kids at all if you are in a gay relationship (in-vitro, surrogate mothers and adoptions aren't allowed for gay or single parents)... BUT! There's been a recent case of the first gay couple being accepted as foster parents recently, so they are moving in the right direction, and fast!

Your marriage won't be recognised officially, even if you do it in a country where it actually is legal, and if, as a non national, you're in a same sex marriage with a Japanese, you don't have the right to reside in Japan (but then again, they seem fairly lenient to give "special visas" to bypass this rule).
Apparently, gay couples can't marry because of a technicality... marriage in the Japanese constitution is defined as "Marriage shall be based only on the mutual consent of both sexes and it shall be maintained through mutual cooperation with the equal rights of husband and wife as a basis.", and most of the Japanese people actually are for changing this...

The discrimination of gay and trans people isn't against the national law, tho a lot of cities have "unofficial" laws to prevent it. Some cities like Tokyo, Osaka and Sapporo have them, but they aren't really "officially binding". After seeing some parodies of gay men on some Japanese media, I thought they were more bigoted, but apparently, it's seen as satire, and with no real ill intent.

There is actually no law prohibiting being gay or trans, like at all, there's just no law either to protect them. By the way, Japan as clearly the least offensive History when it comes to this type of discrimination, and that's out of every country in the World, west included. They actually have a law since 2002 that gives the right to anyone who went through post-sex reassignment surgery to legally change sex.

So, in short, I'm conflicted... because the laws aren't really perfect, they aren't against LGBT rights, but they don't protect them either. And the people are actually really supportive of the cause.
And because on some point, Japan is a lot slower than some western Countries, but on others, It's strangely advanced.

All that to say, I hope this cute couple can get married in the future 😘

Dex-chan lover
Is this manga ever going to be good for anything beside the kissing?

Users who are viewing this thread