Houkago Kitaku Biyori - Ch. 20 - Let's Get Warm

Dex-chan lover
"Cute underwear, bro."

:dogkek:

Oh my god how is she so perfect?

Hah. I almost thought homeboy was going to start putting the moves on her. Damn you, The Deadly Japanese Cold! 🤭

I'm also glad Chokki-chan got to see some cute underwear for her troubles.

Don't take the Deadly Japanese Cold lightly. It kills more people than black company overwork and isekai Truck-kun combined.

Dex-chan lover
I’m just here wondering what counts as “cute underwear” for men.

Dex-chan lover
TL credits page should've used an old-style bluescreen instead. This is the manga that did a whole chapter on the romance of old tech, after all.

Dex-chan lover
Thought he was blushing from finally seeing her again but it was just fevar.. aiyo

Dex-chan lover
This chapter just had so much: Chokki's bright smile in the very first panel, the immediate decision to help, the fainting/collapsing kabedon, drafting the teacher, "girl, I live here", "cute underwear, bro", the postcard, the confession of boredom, Chokki's tender smile on page 14, the confusion about their last names.

Amazing work as always! Thanks for the chapter! :D

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I love how "aggressive" this series is loll

Like it still is on wholesome part of the spectrum, but it's not afraid to put the characters in more intimate situations loll I also love how the characters aren't super dense yet still put some space between the 2 of them

Idk how this author does it, but they just GET IT

20240525_234112.png

Dex-chan lover
Hand holding, Kabedon, going to his room, enjoying the view of him in his underwear, staring at him as he sleeps, meeting his family. They gotta slow down there else we get some mini Shuns and Chokkis in less than 10 chapters
LETS GOOO FULL SPEED AHEAD.
LETS POUR SOME GASOLINE ON THIS ROMANTIC FIRE :win:

Double-page supporter
This MC can't stop hugging this poor girl.
I gotta say, despite the occasional weirdness on holding hands, etc, I love how neither of them shies away too much from physical contact. Be it hugging, stroking one’s hair, touching their face, etc., neither Chokki nor Shun refrain much from touching one another. Good stuff.

Supporter
Yup, everything here is so tropey but this is such a nice read
Tropes themselves aren’t bad, but their execution… yeah.

On an unrelated note, I’m curious if the TL took some liberties w/ the p 10 dialogue ("Girl, I live here…" and "Cure underwear, bro.")? Acknowledging that the original probably didn’t have that exact turn of phrase, respectively, I’d be curious what spurred the decision to translate it as decidedly more informal and leisurely than Satou^2 conversed before.

Dex-chan lover
We got a full course this chapter uh. I'm like đź«„

Fed-Kun's army
Tropes themselves aren’t bad, but their execution… yeah.

On an unrelated note, I’m curious if the TL took some liberties w/ the p 10 dialogue ("Girl, I live here…" and "Cure underwear, bro.")? Acknowledging that the original probably didn’t have that exact turn of phrase, respectively, I’d be curious what spurred the decision to translate it as decidedly more informal and leisurely than Satou^2 conversed before.
I mean, I feel like Satou^2 (genius name btw that I'm stealing) have always been pretty casual compared to other Shoujo duos, Shun calls her girl a few more times when they are messing around, and their banter has been pretty casual ever since they started getting close

Fed-Kun's army
The "bro" and Shun's frequent "girl..." aren't in the raws. The bedroom exchange is just "yeah, this is my home" and "cute pants you're wearing." So it's either the TL adding their own flavor, or trying to translate informal vs. formal speech. Formal/informal JP is notoriously difficult to convey in English, and I've seen other series add "dude" in their attempts. Either way, I feel it works and shows how comfortable these two dorks are together.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
reading the raws, when it got to page 8 and she just gets off with him, that's when I started doing victory laps
this mangaka don't miss

also, top tier credits page, bravo

Users who are viewing this thread