Houkago no Salome - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Girl in the Shadows

Dex-chan lover
The guy is a bit of a dick, but he's not wrong...

Dex-chan lover
Fucking prick

Yeah I want to be good at art and admired by other people! That's not a bad thing! God forbid I have passion in my work and want others to be impressed by it!

Is it selfish? Yes, but it leads to better ends because it's motivational drive will lead to a better quality product and a more impassionate result than just doing art for a grade

Fucking hell I can't stand it when these MCs don't respond lol
I wish he'd ask him why he was so interested in his motivation
Why the fuck would that it give a shit?
Wanting to do prosocial things and be praised - isn't that a pretty common motivation? Sure, many arty types fawn over the lone wolf "don't give a shit" types, but most people are pleasers.

Guy may be a dick but he's right lol
MC doesn't know what the fuck he wants to do with his art.

@Tamerlane I agree. Most people see it as shallow or shitty but its a good reason. sure others have deeper more personal reasons but whats wrong with creating something because others enjoy what you make.

Power Uploader
@Princethedankest
forgot about this? the issue isn't his motive itself. the problem is he's being fake. learn how to read properly.
9-4f45ea43048b58ac6c6a14cb82d2ca59087a2ebf5dec83f8113f8937069e5e40.png

MC didn't talk back, because deep down, he knows the dude's got a point.

Fucking prick

Yeah I want to be good at art and admired by other people! That's not a bad thing! God forbid I have passion in my work and want others to be impressed by it!

Is it selfish? Yes, but it leads to better ends because it's motivational drive will lead to a better quality product and a more impassionate result than just doing art for a grade
Issue is, he's pretty much a narcissist and is going to extreme, weird lengths to make sure HE'S the ONLY one to get attention. No one gives a fuck if you aren't that passionate about art but more so the attention, just don't be a complete weirdo like him. I agree this dude is a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread