How Do We Relationship? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I feel something very bad coming, i don't like that feeling...

Dex-chan lover
It feels like we skipped a chapter or something , all of a sudden we're meeting Saeko's family and all with zero setup. Also, it sure doesn't take Columbo to figure out Saeko has some major unresolved stuff still hanging from her adolescence .

Dex-chan lover
They are SOOOO breaking up.

This manga gives me anxiety...

Dex-chan lover
Oh lawd another shit storm coming, the way Saeko has been handling things lately is so shite.

Well we do know that they'll break up but remain friends with benefits..

And is no one going to talk about Miwa tryin to be a top?? I'd like to see that

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I really don't get that impression from this chapter at all

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Wait, do they really break up? Spoil me please.
I understand Saeko is hiding her past because it probably was tough, but i don't think it's that big of a deal.

Group Leader
@Richman
Here's the details
In the original oneshot they break up, due to both acknowledging they only used other for sex, not a emotional relationship.

The manga series is going more in depth over reasons, but it seems to be following that path.

In a healthy twist, they become best friends and each other's wingwoman. Personally, I love this ending: not building an unrealistic relationship, and not having a hateful separation, but a realistic ideal breakup.

Group Leader
@Ranzo
They will.
In the original oneshot, they break up due to communication trouble, a simplified version of what is happening here.

If it stays true to that story, they will acknowledge this, break up, and become best friends and wingwoman for each other.

Pretty much everything so far is following that path, and it would be a strain for anything else to happen

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

people why are you all so pessimistic?! a lot of couples have some issues sometimes, maybe they will get a good atmosphere for a tet a tet conversation soon and share their secrets to each other?

Group Leader
@savvasaam

Here is why:

It was originally a oneshot, so the manga is coming from that source.

The whole point of it was that they eventually break up due to only using each other for physical support, but they can healthily see this and become best friends.

When it was adapted, it was like "will this premise be changed?" But everything so far points to the same ending:

A break up leading to a friendship better than their relationship.

Code:

It's only a oneshot. They might separate at some point and get back together if the author wants to keep it going.

Oh, look, I was right, the teenager angst crysis continues!
And I don't even need spoilers to know where this is going... I feel sad now, for them, for us, no one deseerves this, they should behave and talk it out, like adults, and not keep this farse with talking allergies.

Dex-chan lover
@Thelilwitch ??? what are you talking about
from what I remember is that they end up becoming sex friends and none of them end up finding another relationship with someone else because they keep fucking one another since the sex is too good but at the same time they don't wana get together again because they still have unresolved issues hence thats a shit sad ending imo
so yeah I have literally zero idea as to why ANYONE would even like that end

Dex-chan lover
We know they get past this because there's like 23 more chapters out after this right now (goes up to Chapter 42 iirc).

A lot of these themes aren't even similar to the oneshot - neither of them appeared to think that deeply about their relationship in the original.

I don't know. It's entirely possible they break up but attempting to deduce that at this point is basically impossible since we literally aren't even halfway done. If anything, that should tell you they probably don't break up, at least over anything related to this current situation.

Users who are viewing this thread