How Do We Relationship? - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
@JaffaOrange

I understand why you would interpret is as that. But she's essentially his first IRL one-sided love, that dialogue was more like "I finally was able to love someone, so it feels unfair to me that they don't love me back the way I love them" which is indeed a naive and childish way of assuming things, but most first-crushes evoke the same type of resentment and twisted feelings when ended in failure. I may be biased tho as I honestly find that relatable.

The challenge is to out-grow that thought, something that he's willing to do. And to stop idolizing the people he will like in the future, even if they like him back. I just hope he doesn't end up using someone like Rika to hurt himself in the process. Not that I think she will let him do that, she seems pretty mature and experienced even when she acts childish. It's just her persona.

I do agree it sounds mysoginistic at first glance tho.

@HoodedHero007

Please don't let men touch our pure christian lesbian manga. Or something of the sort.

Honestly, with all the people in this series being lowkey horny on main and essentially horrible human beings (As real world college students are) I would've expect people to hate on every single character even if just a little bit. That's exactly the point of the author, that even if there are people out that are mostly evil most are just chaotic neutral with feelings and reasonings that seem logical to them behind their actions. Purely good people with only good emotions do not exist.

But yeah, the focus is on the relationship between MCs that just happen to be girls. Suddenly every male character is the devil and they don't deserve character development. Don't get me wrong, men are mostly the devil anyway in this manga but it feels fresh to have an yuri authortry to give them some kind of depth. Not that it hasn't been done before and better. Is just that it isn't that common.

Yuri needs more male friends for the leads and less fake rivals to beat up.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really looking forward to this series ending like the pre-serialization just to see the meltdowns in the comment section.

Dex-chan lover
That was a really nice chapter. I loved how he got the resolve to get over her

Aggregator gang
become a girl tsurata, anyone can do it, you dont even need the snip snip

Why is it that everyone is a dickhead in this manga?
Stop it. Get help. If all your "friend" does is to provoke you, get you down, shame you and make you feel guilty for who you are or what you do and think, that is not friendship, get rid of it.

@tducouteau I think it's understandable if he questioned why Miwa is into women. As a fellow Asian simp it's pretty normal for us to lived inside homophobic society so it's hard for the people who never met lesbians on the first time to understand their sexuality. I think he's a great guy in this yuri manga because he's not being prejudice and tries to understand her crush better by loving her as a bestfriend.

I love this manga. I was hating on Tsuruta for his attitude because I saw too much of myself from the past in that. With this chapter the author just shows its all well planed characterization. This manga is so real that is getting a lot of commenters here uncomfortable. Think about all kinds of people that were represented in the last chapters.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting to watch slang evolve. A few years ago, if someone went around calling people "beta cucks" I knew I could disregard anything that came out of their mouths. Now "simp" has the same useful function.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is a bit too mature for some folks.

The only thing that pissed me off is how he said he couldn't understand why Miwa likes women. She just does, idiot. It's none of your business.

However I don't sense that the whole tsurata subplot is headed into a toxic direction, it seems that he's accepted the situation and is going to move on.

Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
So many people getting triggered by Tsuruta's naive introspection. 😐

I liked that Inoken and Rika were extreme foils to Tsuruta. Rika with the stark on/off switch view, and Inoken with the delusional trope coping mechanisms.

@starlightcitypro I mean, I read that as him not being able to understand it emotionally, which is a whole different ball game from understanding it as a fact. It's fairly understandable, and he got to an appropriate place mentally anyway, so meh w/e

Fed-Kun's army
When the comments section is more spicy than the chapter... a chapter that doesn't feature content any more controversial than is the norm for this manga. Must have touched a nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread