How has 2023 been for you so far?

Fed-Kun's army
I make a lot of friends
Learned a lot of new things
But no girlfriends tho
1533678283-fd2c46f5b7d20174f3b98978fffbc835.jpg
i'm happy to hear that you have made a lot of new friends! i think searching actively for a girlfriend is depressing (as i myself felt sad that i didn't find any success in it despite so much time passing.) but the better option is to make yourself available and wait. fate tends to make things happen that are supposed to.

Landed a job with benefits, but still struggle personally because tic tok is making my brain smooth.

Fed-Kun's army
Landed a job with benefits, but still struggle personally because tic tok is making my brain smooth.
Congratulations on the job! I personally struggle with the tik tok issue aswell, i'm pretty sure my brain has no grooves left...

Dex-chan lover
Just cold turkey it. Drop all social networks. You will be doing yourself a favor. It's not a physical addiction, you won't die. Go extra by blocking domains from your home network if you think your self discipline is not good enough. Might as well learn some tech while doing it.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.
My health is pretty good, overall, particularly with my family and personal history.
My father continues to deal with slowly decreasing mobility - watching him really start to show his age has been weird these past four years. However, he can still live on his own (my mother passed some years back) and get around okay for now, and he's still mentally all there.
I have little to no expectation of a raise for the third year in a row, not because of my performance at work, but because the small company I work for has been treading water financially since the pandemic and keeps making questionable decisions about personnel. But the people I work directly with are good, and my boss's first words when I got back from vacation at the start of the month were, "Welcome back, fucker; you're not allowed to take two weeks off anymore because things go to hell when you're not here." Pretty sure that's job security.
My car's five-speed manual transmission spontaneously decided to become a four-speed last month while I was on vacation, but it's still driveable and I have a replacement lined up (and should have that purchase completed in the next two weeks).
While on vacation, I got to see some of my mother's family (including her mother, my one remaining grandparent) and a couple of guys I went to college with two-plus decades ago.
Both stereos are sounding pretty good, and I think (at 1900+ releases) my record collection is in a good place.
I'm fairly certain every level of government here is run by elected officials who are either idiots, pushovers, or megalomaniacs. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the government very much, outside of the post office.
So, y'know, just the usual good/bad/ugly stuff.
Since no one's asked yet, @bobby2kx , how's your 2023 been?

Dex-chan lover
Lately I feel like I've learned so much in my field these past years that looking back on things I worked on even in 2022 feel embarassingly inexperienced and simplistic. I've found myself a good mentor; possibly one of the most knowledgeable botanists in this part of the country who doesn't let it go to her head.

I like being around people like this who always seem to study and learn more despite their experience, and I like my job. The only question now is when I should set off on my own and go independent.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm.
My health is pretty good, overall, particularly with my family and personal history.
My father continues to deal with slowly decreasing mobility - watching him really start to show his age has been weird these past four years. However, he can still live on his own (my mother passed some years back) and get around okay for now, and he's still mentally all there.
I have little to no expectation of a raise for the third year in a row, not because of my performance at work, but because the small company I work for has been treading water financially since the pandemic and keeps making questionable decisions about personnel. But the people I work directly with are good, and my boss's first words when I got back from vacation at the start of the month were, "Welcome back, fucker; you're not allowed to take two weeks off anymore because things go to hell when you're not here." Pretty sure that's job security.
My car's five-speed manual transmission spontaneously decided to become a four-speed last month while I was on vacation, but it's still driveable and I have a replacement lined up (and should have that purchase completed in the next two weeks).
While on vacation, I got to see some of my mother's family (including her mother, my one remaining grandparent) and a couple of guys I went to college with two-plus decades ago.
Both stereos are sounding pretty good, and I think (at 1900+ releases) my record collection is in a good place.
I'm fairly certain every level of government here is run by elected officials who are either idiots, pushovers, or megalomaniacs. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the government very much, outside of the post office.
So, y'know, just the usual good/bad/ugly stuff.
Since no one's asked yet, @bobby2kx , how's your 2023 been?
I wonder where you are from to think of your government like that.
But thank you for asking:) I guess i will let it all out.
It's been hectic. I'm in my last year of high school and with exams coming up the pressure is big. I live in a country where exams matter a lot if I want to get higher education, so I have been studying everyday, even on the weekends.
On a more personal note, I finally don't have to take antidepressants to feel "better". I have been struggling with mental health all my life. Bad mental health runs in the family but what can you do, right? I got diagnosed with a disorder and got help with it. I'm happy I took the leap to find help. Although i have been feeling a bit lonely (i tend to lose friends because i lash out and change my moods weekly.) it's nothing i can't handle. Looking forward to the future and what it brings.

Fed-Kun's army
Lately I feel like I've learned so much in my field these past years that looking back on things I worked on even in 2022 feel embarassingly inexperienced and simplistic. I've found myself a good mentor; possibly one of the most knowledgeable botanists in this part of the country who doesn't let it go to her head.

I like being around people like this who always seem to study and learn more despite their experience, and I like my job. The only question now is when I should set off on my own and go independent.
It makes me really happy to see that you are doing well (It really does)! As someone who hasn't entered the working life yet (excluding part-time jobs) I think you should take your time. You will know when you are ready.

Dex-chan lover
On a more personal note, I finally don't have to take antidepressants to feel "better". I have been struggling with mental health all my life. Bad mental health runs in the family but what can you do, right? I got diagnosed with a disorder and got help with it. I'm happy I took the leap to find help. Although i have been feeling a bit lonely (i tend to lose friends because i lash out and change my moods weekly.) it's nothing i can't handle. Looking forward to the future and what it brings.
Good for you for reaching out - I've seen too many folks who don't and end up in a bad place from which they never make it back out. Also glad you've been able to get to where you can be alright without the meds!
As for the schooling, best of luck, and I hope you're taking at least a little time to enjoy yourself as well. High school was a strange time, but I got to do some things I couldn't have done later in life - I hope you get to take advantage of some opportunities like that as well.

Fed-Kun's army
Good for you for reaching out - I've seen too many folks who don't and end up in a bad place from which they never make it back out. Also glad you've been able to get to where you can be alright without the meds!
As for the schooling, best of luck, and I hope you're taking at least a little time to enjoy yourself as well. High school was a strange time, but I got to do some things I couldn't have done later in life - I hope you get to take advantage of some opportunities like that as well.
I'll keep your advice in mind! To be honest I created this post in hopes some people can open up atleast a little bit even

Dex-chan lover
most imploded lol
but I have a roof and a internet connection so I get by
family and cat are okay so that good

Users who are viewing this thread