How to Grill Our Love - Vol. 9 Ch. 76 - A Sofa of Happiness

Dex-chan lover
Non-spicy Mapo Tofu? ehhh is it even mapo-tofu if it's not hell spicy?

I call it "ginger tofu."
i always thought the 'mapo' part of mapo tofu was the spiciness unless it's named after a technique/region tho i've only ever had tofu fried (and ironically with meat)

Dex-chan lover
It kinda bothers me that they still call each other with honorifics. They're way past that now. Is it the TL or is it like that kn the raws too?
maybe after they have kids/grandkids they'll just refer to each other as mom/dad /gramps/granny if not just 'dear' but some cute petnames would be fun too, like 'ken-chan' or whatever

Dex-chan lover
i always thought the 'mapo' part of mapo tofu was the spiciness unless it's named after a technique/region tho i've only ever had tofu fried (and ironically with meat)
Mapo means "freckled woman." The story is the dish was created in a restaurant run by a woman with freckles. The dish became very popular and after she died, it became known as "Freckled Woman's Tofu." It's a little rude they couldn't be bothered to use her name!

Authentic Mapo Tofu! Spicy but delicious.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Mapo means "freckled woman." The story is the dish was created in a restaurant run by a woman with freckles. The dish became very popular and after she died, it became known as "Freckled Woman's Tofu." It's a little rude they couldn't be bothered to use her name!

Authentic Mapo Tofu! Spicy but delicious.
shame her name's lost to history then but at least the food /recipe isn't. tho i suppose' freckled woman' versus a specific name from the past does kinda romanticize it or so as well

Dex-chan lover
three months delivery time?? I never bought a sofa before so i don't really know the logistic but is that how its really work??
maybe amazon prime isn't as 'big' in japan but i totally see those two buying more locally/from a specific place, given that chihiro's some kinda designer? to where she'd appreciate a specifically made place that'd have to make their own delivery service

Dex-chan lover
Nisemonogatari skeeved me out of any sort of inclination towards having someone else ever brush my teeth for me. Also after having my boyfriend try to be cute and brush my hair once I will never let anyone do any cleaning around my face, my poor scalp still hurts thinking about it

Double-page supporter
this chapter is so sweet i need a double espresso no sugar to neutralized it

Coffee will complement it instead and you'll become like:

coffee-too-much-coffee.gif

Users who are viewing this thread