How to Survive as a Maid in a Horror Game - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
It took me a bit to get what that sequence of eye panels were meant to be, but I think it's supposed to be Hilda staring at the granny and then when her eye turns to us, she is looking at Adrian? I wonder why there is so much emphasis put on this

Dex-chan lover
It took me a bit to get what that sequence of eye panels were meant to be, but I think it's supposed to be Hilda staring at the granny and then when her eye turns to us, she is looking at Adrian? I wonder why there is so much emphasis put on this
There are two possibilities.

First:
The zoom was Adrian's POV. He's looking at Hilda's expression, especially how she looked at the grandma. And what he saw made him happy, thus the flower backdrop. Either that, or Adrian was giving a reassuring aura.

Second:
Author wanted to emphasize the change of her expression. At first Hilda had a mixed expression (conflicting emotions would do that) and maybe a bit of hesitation, but once she looked at the beautiful Adrian, they're all gone. The craziness of love.

Fed-Kun's army
Didn't she primarily go so she could watch how the sacrifices go down?? What's the point of being there (aside from giving Adrian emotional support) if she's just gonna stand outside the room?

Dex-chan lover
Didn't she primarily go so she could watch how the sacrifices go down?? What's the point of being there (aside from giving Adrian emotional support) if she's just gonna stand outside the room?
I would think looking at the aftermath rather than the process is less…traumatising, cause you gotta witness the struggle, then the killing blow, then the twitches from the body as the eyes slowly lose their light, then going limp, and all the blood, and the smell of blood, and his face while doing the act.

But then again, you are correct, and I do wonder if there will be an explanation next chapter.

And I do miss the chibi versions running around, hope I can see them soon!

Dex-chan lover
I read it as her seriously coming to terms with the fact that someone she is familiar with (and not some random, faceless "character") is about to be killed soon, and that she's actually about to just let it happen/be complicit in it. Her mentioning it beforehand, followed by the granny calling her by name directly prior makes it feel like that's the point here. So then, going with that, it'd be Adrian, and by extension us from his perspective, carefully observing her to see how she'll deal with having this realization

Users who are viewing this thread