How to Survive as a Maid in a Horror Game

Dex-chan lover
I recommend it. The background is interesting and so is the theme (despite having some clichés), but i couldn't digest the FL; she's the "tragic comic" part of the story, but some of her attitudes, instead of making me laugh or feel bad for her, just made me think "PATETIC.", so i decided to drop it~:huh:

Last edited:
The best way to not die at the hands of a Psychopath is by being useful to them.

Hilda literally avoids and acts suspiciously around Satan. She has the ability to reset yet she doesn't use it even when she goes bankrupt and is unable to sleep.

Hilda's character is very unlikable and the sense of "humor" the author has makes me want to throw my laptop out my window.

Double-page supporter
I kept hoping and hoping that at least it would have a few more horror elements thrown in... but thats become nonexistent ever since she started actually working for the murderous ML...

Group Leader
I'm like 15 chapters in but I still have no idea wtf is going on. It just feels like disjointed random shit happening, chapter after chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
9 chapters in, and I'm like "why doesn't she just leave this place?" The story doesn't make sense after you ask that question, because there's no reason for her to be in a place where there's a murderer. It's not like they explained why she MUST stay there.

Seeing the comments here I am thoroughly disappointed. Some of you are saying that Hilda is unlikable, what?!
Her randomness throws off Adrian and is very effective and comedic, which is refreshing. It's true at some moments the way she talks to others aside from Adrian like her friends feels kind of unlikable. Like when she asks Emily for a favor it sounds like she is commanding them instead of simply asking.

Some of you have to keep in mind Adrian's powers of control, even if he's a sick fellow, he has hoes in different areas codes like the Doctor who could probably kill her if she tried to leave. The game revolves around him so Hilda can not really get far in life especially without money, talking to Satan and certain key NPCs expands her world and the game. She is TRAPPED, in the first few chapters, the estate is her whole world. You may find her pathetic but the reality is depressing to begin with. Look how the system penalizes her for doing normal things like preventing her from sleeping because she doesn't have a pillow, or giving her pillow durability. Keep in mind the game is ridiculously difficult.

I will say the bits I find odd about her are indecisiveness about interacting with Adrian. She could really just let him die, but she doesn't. I get it's because of the friendship she may feel (at first). She finds herself becoming a cheerleader for his salvation but hasn't really made any progress on how to help him due to her role as a maid, and limited resources and reality. Really hoping her world will expand more and more knowledge and opportunities will be presented to her.
I am looking forward to the development of this story and if she can find an alternative to help Adrian so he doesn't have to kill to regain his vitality. Hope she can become more useful and not just a bystander forced to aide his shenanigans any further.

Contributor
Ok, this was a good one.
Yes, it's Isekai yes it has game systems.
But for once, it's nicely done. The main character isnt Op at all, which mostly kill all suspens you could have in similar story bcz you know the MC is so op nothing bad will ever happen to him.

Will follow this one.

I made an account here just to say WHY ARE THE COMMENTS SO NEGATIVE?? I've combed through the internet for the historical manhwas with the yummiest art and juicy storytelling and this one is FOR SURE in my top 5!!! it's one of the least cliché ones out there. the pacing is so smooth and the characters are flawed WHICH IS SO NICE.
one thing tho is that if you're expecting horror, you're not getting much cause the story focuses on the characters' relationships.
10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND FROM A MANHWA ADDICT

Aggregator gang
its a very interesting turn on the romance novel/game/isekai genre. I'm perfectly okay with ignoring the smaller plot holes in favor of the overall okay writing and the fact that it really is a unique concept.

(For clarity, I have only read through chapter 6, but I can't stand reading more.)

I don't understand the current rating for this manhwa. How does it have above 8 stars with such an annoying female main character (FMC) and garbled plot. Is she in the the game? Is she not? The stakes don't feel any bit high, as the FMC is constantly unmoved by anything other than the male antagonist (MA). The moment it has anything to do with the MA, however, she thinks it's not a game and is now life and death for her; I mean, it kind of is, but doesn't feel so. With her constantly calling everyone else "1s and 0s" (as in data of the game), then what is her worry? She is swapping between an unfunny kind of goofiness and borderline panic-attacks. The MA hasn't done anything to the FMC or anyone around her yet.

It's not a story I've see often, with it taking the longest for any change in any character, but I haven't been reeled in yet. This (somewhat) uniqueness to this story (as a pseudo-horror/comedy/romance) doesn't automatically make it a good story.

At least the chapters are long, or maybe they just feel long. Either way, I can't see myself going into chapter 7 and beyond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread