Human Ranch - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Elf

Dex-chan lover
That orc is incredibly annoying to look at. Especially with how its holding the damn axe.

The art is just plain bad, but it would be more annoying to know there is a good artist wasted on trash like this.

Fed-Kun's army
@Flumflum yeah I gave this a glance just to see what they did with the concept but it feels like something PETA would release.

A vague attempt to showcase cruelty of livestock without taking into account the fundemental differences between a human and a cow. It's just pure horror based on a concept that is hard to really make work. In fact just to show I"m not talking out of my ass here are a few issues.

1. Humans are not an efficient source of food. We take far too long to grow and mature to make any kind of food based ranch worth it. If we wanted to go with the "ranch" concept then it would work better if it was something besides food purposes. Like maybe breeding for slaves, or maybe using as disposable tools in magic experiments. Not only would these make more sense but they'd be more interesting.

2. There is a fundemental difference between beings with an ego and high level of sentience and ones like cows that lack a true "sense of self". Basically a cow eats, breeds, and dies. While they feel pain and possess survival instincts like fear they don't possess these things beyond an instinctual level. Bascially a cow does not think "I am me and these are my dreams". So there is a vast difference between a ranch of cows and a ranch of humans. This series does somewhat adress this by building the ranch more like a prison and thus it's equip to deal with a race that would be able to plan out an escape. But it doesn't go farther than that. The Elves themselves still blindly act indifferent to the ego of another race based purely on their raw magical power to suppress rebellion.

3. If being killed and turned into meat is inevitable what is even the point of obedience? THere seem to be dozens if not hundreds of captives with little to no restraint but they all stay in line a bit too easily despite seemingly having the ability to rebel. I could understand short term fear stopping them but unless they are immortal human wave tactics should overcome their magical powers. Plus the fact there is NO OPTION BESIDES DEATH means there should be more opposition. Again I feel it ended up this way as they blended the concept of a cow ranch with a Prison. But a Prison works because of the chance to be released or at least live out your life span in prison. If you told all the prisoners "we don't see you as people and WILL kill you at a moments notice with no fault on your part" they would NOT stay compliant indefinitely.

#3 is another reason why having the ranch for something besides food would work better. If death wasn't 100% guaranteed then it would make more sense that most would choose to obey and live as slaves than risk almost certain death.

I will praise the author for at least trying to do something unique with the Isekai genera. But if you want to make a good series you need to put in more effort to really make your idea work and not rely on it being unique to make it work.

Is it just me or the arts are getting worse after chapter 4? Like the fat guy leader, looks like a different person than the first time he appeared, are they really drawn by the same artist?

@Metazoxan, while you bringing up the serious points, you miss the whole picture.

1. There is no indication what humans are primary source of food for elves, i would bet what human meat is a luxury food, so high cost of producing that meat is fine. We already seen in our history, how can some human dehumanize different race of humans to point, what its totally fine to eat them. Look at what Belgians did in Africa during colonization. So, elves easily can consider humans without being able to use magic as inferior to them.
Basically, the way i see, this is was no accident what those poor humans were transported to their world. Elves use their magic to bring more humans into their world, then capture them. Later on, they put humans on a specific diet to improve taste of that meat and when there is a demand, they just kill as much humans they need to produce requested amount of meat. This way they always have big enough reserve of human cattle, so they can provide fresh human mean, once there is need.
There is no need to be bothered by lobotomy or other means to control humans, since they will not live long enough and they always can bring in more humans, when they run out of them.

This is retard. Human Can t live off grass. Werent Gorilla s. We dont have the bowels to process grass in to fat.

They received about 20 students, killed/brutalized 5, had another 5 get nom-nomad by a local tyranid genestealer with an axe, and shipped 1 (while damaging the tongue, the fools, didn't you know, beef tongue tacos are delicious). I'm not sure these Dark Eldar have got their business model quite right....

I'm not sure what the artist means about this story being full of healing.... What does he mean in being an admirer of Takasugi Shinsaku?

Dex-chan lover
By the looks of Sena face and a tear streaming from her eye, she ain't a virgin anymore. Good going there, you did jack shit.

Users who are viewing this thread