Hummingbird Effect

Another great series picked up by an awesome team!! Thanks ChoGage!! I love the premise and the pace of the story.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting premise, although I suspect whatever they're doing about heartbeats is actually counterproductive. Aerobic exercise (presumably including sex) raises your heartbeat at the time, but tends to lower your resting heartbeat so, lifespan wise, it's probably worth it.
Edited to add: Worse than I expected. The problem: We need people to keep their heartbeats down. The solution: Stress them out constantly. So Korean!

lol it's a load of crap but yuri so i'm in but seriously :
She has high heartbeat so beat the crap out of her and make her feel bad to fix it lol

Dex-chan lover
Mind you, although it makes no sense at the scientific level, it makes great thematic sense. This thing is, like most good science fiction, actually about today's society--kind of a dark comment on people being herded and regimented. Even the fact that the remedy makes no sense, and yet presumably if you complain about it you're beyond the pale, parallels modern problems and the elite groups that hijack them to give us "solutions" which it's unpatriotic or Communist to question.

Dex-chan lover
A series now, huh?

Honestly thought it was fine as a one shot, but it's probably worth a few chapters look-see.

Lol, makes no sense. Heartbeat increase in stress, so the teachers and staff shouldnt be giving punishments or stress the students out. However, I'm in it for the drawing...... and yuri.

Dex-chan lover
If everyone went on beta blockers the problem would be solved. Millions of middle aged men with fast or irregular heartbeats are already on them.

Double-page supporter
The first four chapters hyped me up, it was really promising.

Then I read the raws. It goes off, and the next 30 chapters are a retarded mess. So disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
I'm thinking about the implications. It isn't just romance, it's anything that might get your heart beating fast. So, hard exercise is out, sports, dancing, parties, anything that makes you excited whether romantically or any other way, sex of course but also masturbation, walking on suspension bridges, anything "breathtaking" . . .
This is just begging for that joke . . . you know "And if you do all that, you'll live longer?" "Well, no, but it will sure feel longer!"

Dex-chan lover
Story about girls ended like this? We'll not see them again? I don't care what happened with this guy. Where's my girls ? 😢

Double-page supporter
@210astat

No, their story didn't end yet... If I remember correctly there will be 10 more chapters of this, then the girls will appear again, but only for a few chapters.
Well... The first season is kinda weird, but the following 25 chapters will be better. We will see the girls more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread