Hunter Age

Meraki keeps pumping out these Hunter Age chapters. Meanwhile, we're stuck with the far superior Solo Leveling coming out once or twice a week >.<

xts

@redvamik it's not that it's boring, but as with many manhwas, pacing feels absurdly slow given the fact that chapters aren't long enough and battles and events get stretched for days. I just went through the raws, and there is little to no good progression after like 80 chapters.

I read about 140 chapters before I quit reading this one. It's just...not good. The characters are shallow and forgettable. The pacing is jumpy, but slow overall, and the lore is barely explained and just keeps expanding without really much detail. Then there's randomly a robot that looks like it came from Wall-E. It's like the author just wants to smash together as many genres as possible without taking the time to explain how it's possible.

Which would be fine if it were fun, but it's not. It's boring.

what i hope is there some guy with extra cash to donate as patreon. So they still can release when there raw that need to be paid

i read this and stopped at chapter 6, i thought this manhua is about hunting monster, etc. because the title lead me to that conclusions, but meh... it's not even about hunting instead fighting and war.

@Kronous
Story is shit even after 180~ chapters. Doesn't progress at all and whatever happened is trash amongst trash. Whatever happens is low quality, happens fast, yet the story feels slow.
Wonder if it's really popular with others since they translated so many chapters so fast.

The pacing in this is horrible. I've managed to make it 'till chapter 90. And from the rest of the comments in here it doesn't seem to get better.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter Age. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical cultivation most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Runrun fish's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Hunter Age truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Runrun fish's existential pose where he lies down in a sexy manner is itself a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Meraki's genius editing unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Runrun fish tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Users who are viewing this thread