Hyouge Mono - Vol. 25 Ch. 271 - ROUTINE’S MAMA FUNK

As good as Oribe's intentions behind it were, Ieyasu getting extremely pissed about the Houtoku Union is the most I've sympathized with him probably since he became the Oogosho. Whereas Rikyu's plot was to bring about the death of Nobunaga, Oribe schemed to basically force everyone into peace. Even though both sides weren't for it. And Ieyasu still doesn't even know Oribe's son actually did help the last sparks of the Toyotomi to escape.

Still, as glad as I am to have seen Ieyasu vs Oribe, it's good that Oribe's student stopped them. The fight should have happened when they were much younger...

Dex-chan lover
As good as Oribe's intentions behind it were, Ieyasu getting extremely pissed about the Houtoku Union is the most I've sympathized with him probably since he became the Oogosho. Whereas Rikyu's plot was to bring about the death of Nobunaga, Oribe schemed to basically force everyone into peace. Even though both sides weren't for it. And Ieyasu still doesn't even know Oribe's son actually did help the last sparks of the Toyotomi to escape.

Still, as glad as I am to have seen Ieyasu vs Oribe, it's good that Oribe's student stopped them. The fight should have happened when they were much younger...
Hmm, I'm a little bit on the opposite. In my head, The Oogosho has no right to say anything about delicate thoughts, after all the things he did for the sake of Tokugawa's peace.

About the plot, I don't think it's really "both sides weren't for it". Those two want monopoly on power, so if the plan succeeds, they both get what they want. Plus, there are many warlord's characters that don't want the war to happen at all too.

Dex-chan lover
This is such a thought-provoking chapter. It really shows how the scheming of these two men have affected each other in unforeseen ways.

It's fascinating that Oribe, rather than accepting a peaceful death or making some form of joke, he just plain went for the opportunity to try to fuckin' murder Ieyasu (granted, after being goaded and insulted by Ieyasu).

It's impressive to me, and it's a side of Oribe we don't get to see often. For all his silliness and goofy antics, Oribe is still a feudal warlord who's not above killing somebody with his own hands if he sees the need to! Unexpectedly hardcore!

Last edited:

HCO

Dex-chan lover
I can't fault either of the major players here. Oribe for his peace-scheming and Ieyasu for taking grave insult. Not to say either are correct, but it's easy enough to understand why they're doing what they're doing.

Group Leader
No wonder Ieyasu is pissed: Nene was his only weakness, and the only one who knew about it was Oribe, who then convinced him to break up with her. Still, everything Oribe did was for the sake of peace, while Ieyasu plotted to have Oribe assassinated many times because he was jealous of his popularity.

Aggregator gang
This is such a thought-provoking chapter. It really shows how the scheming of these two men have affected each other in unforeseen ways.

It's fascinating that Oribe, rather than accepting a peaceful death or making some form of joke, he just plain went for the opportunity to try to fuckin' murder Ieyasu (granted, after being goaded and insulted by Ieyasu).

It's impressive to me, and it's a side of Oribe we don't get to see often. For all his silliness and goofy antics, Oribe is still a feudal warlord who's not above killing somebody with his own hands if he sees the need to! Unexpectedly hardcore!

Oribe WAS accepting his peaceful death, it was just that Tokugawa deciding to kill his wife and family as well managed to make him go fucking berserk

I know the manga will end historically but with this chapter I once again have no idea how that's going to progress and develop, god damn!!

Double-page supporter

To be fair, he just announced that after personally killing Oribe, he would kill his entire bloodline as well for no reason other than petty spite. Everyone has the right to be outraged because he's no longer the sympathetic and lawful Ieyasu, but just some petty old man enacting his own perceived justice. He also insults his own son for being tainted by Oribe's teachings despite the fact that mostly everyone can see through his spitefulness.

Users who are viewing this thread