I Am a Hero - Ch. 265 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
Well, I don’t really know what to make of the ending just like everyone else, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be though, at least we get SOME clarification, but this all makes me wonder (apart from the mangakas dad dying) like did he not like the female characters he created, I first thought his take on “woman” was realistic and depicted correctly but then shit hits the fan and you’re kinda left wondering “did he get lazy? Did he not want to write about them?” And so on, just sucks it ended THIS way being such a great manga, but then again seeing as though this was made in 2009 is crazy to think about, I wonder where the mangaka is at now in his life or if he’s even dead by now maybe, anyways this manga is a movie quality book with an unjust ending and that’s all there is to it.

Aggregator gang
does anyone know if the hi in the kid, hiiro's name is from hideo or from hiromi? I'd thought the intent was to show that he named the kid after himself, and not hiromi, and how fitting that was for someone so completely selfish. but I could be wrong.

Just leaving a morsel here, for anyone who wondered by "Zombfags" got turned into "ZQN," and doesn't understand Japanese internet slang, it was always ZQN. It comes from "DQN," pronounced "Dokkyun" which is basically used the same way 4chan users of the era used "fag." Zombfag, kinda like "newfag" or "moralfag," was a good contemporary localization to make it fit the tone alongside the early localization's general 4chanisms, but ZQN ("Zokkyun") is the original term and reasonable to stick with.

Only posting it because there were confused people in prior and I might expand at least one person's knowledge.

Double-page supporter
Just leaving a morsel here, for anyone who wondered by "Zombfags" got turned into "ZQN," and doesn't understand Japanese internet slang, it was always ZQN. It comes from "DQN," pronounced "Dokkyun" which is basically used the same way 4chan users of the era used "fag." Zombfag, kinda like "newfag" or "moralfag," was a good contemporary localization to make it fit the tone alongside the early localization's general 4chanisms, but ZQN ("Zokkyun") is the original term and reasonable to stick with.

Only posting it because there were confused people in prior and I might expand at least one person's knowledge.
I can't believe I read the whole thing without knowing that, better late than never I guess

Dex-chan lover
That's it? He started a new arc instead of ending all the other ones as the epilogue? No wonder Under Ninja's plot has been so wonky.

Users who are viewing this thread