I Am a Hero - Vol. 14 Ch. 164

Dex-chan lover
woop, this story got a bit dumber. What's the point again of having one of his love/sex interests be a high school girl a generation below his who for some reason returns his affections? I mean, I can already barely excuse the whole "powered by perversity" thing.

Alright everyone, hear me out. Yes, this chapter is full of fanservice. But what they are saying is actually important as well. The context that they all believe they are about to die colors everything in a very different light. The girls aren't actually expecting Hideo to survive and see them in the mixed bath. Hideo is fully expecting to die here. Think about what this means for the subtext of what they are saying.

woop, this story got a bit dumber. What's the point again of having one of his love/sex interests be a high school girl a generation below his who for some reason returns his affections? I mean, I can already barely excuse the whole "powered by perversity" thing.
I think the context that they all believe they are about to die helps change the subtext. And what Hiromi and Oda are talking about is more so their takes on love in general rather than about Hideo. Because they don't think they'll see Hideo alive ever again.
I think there is a deliberate message the author is putting in here.

Users who are viewing this thread