I Am a Hero - Vol. 22 Ch. 264

more answers would have been nice but the ending was still okay. I liked that it was an original ending and not just another happy ending clone, but again, more answers would have been highly appreciated

Fed-Kun's army
I'm just glad Hideo adapted and isn't sad, he's a really nice guy and deserves to be happy

Aggregator gang
So many things were left unanswered, but I'm VERY happy about the fact, that Nakata's group managed to have a happy ending, with the hope of slowly rebuilding humanity on the horizon ;3

Aggregator gang
Despite the ending, this manga have one of the best detailed panels I've ever seen. I feel like every panel took 10 hours to make

Dex-chan lover
well, it's an ending. A bit "rebuild from the ashes" maybe, but it's fine. I don't like how so many themes got dropped by the end and remain unfinished, from the gender stuff to Internet culture to the humanity of zombies to the nature of survivors. Heck, the manga doesn't even bother explaining what was going on with Hiromi and why the ZQN are fused into giant monstrosities. Not even sure what making that a plot point in the first place did for the manga honestly, besides turning it into Shounen Battle Manga #56709. Same with the alien theory stuff, but at least that helps explain why the ZQN leave.

I really don't like how the Kurusu storyline developed. It started off as a way to explore the superiority complex that a ton of Internet nerds have. Then the plurality/multiplicity thing got introduced, and there was a second cult dedicated to some celebrity, and the other monsters started happening too... it kind of just never developed into what it needed to be. Not to say that it lost sight of the delusional superiority theme (the Naked Emperor is still ranting about that at the end), but it never managed to capitalize on the theme and develop it into an actual interesting idea.

And in the end, a bunch of semi-important side characters never get a resolution. Hiromi at least has her moments of exploration and gets to figure out her feelings towards Hideo once she becomes swarm queen (even if it does come with a bit of Mindbreak the Cutie), and her conclusion is to let him live and be unhappy. Oda-san on the other hand is just purposefully unresolved as a character, and her oft-mistreated sibling likewise never gets explored (oh I know they get scenes, but it's just a kind of gawky "here's what happened isn't it weird"). And of course, Korori/Nakata and Hideo never meet and resolve the whole mess of emotions there. But at least that has a poetic sadness to it, a bit of "he never saw Molly again", you know.

One last thing: I appreciate the audiovisual hallucinations coming back. I know that thematically it means he's unable to face the reality of his loneliness or whatever, but it's realistic. Real people dealing with hallucinations don't usually just "get over them" at some point. It's a lifelong thing. He's not worse for it, just different.

Dex-chan lover
Aaahhh~ So this is it, Hideo's Bizarre Adventure came to an end. I can make a long-ass comment about how this is a truly masterpiece or a complete garbage, but I don't feel like it lol.

The ending wasn't bad in my opinion. It was just... an ending, that's all. The end of a story. Did it felt axed? Well, a tiny bit yes, it gives that axed manga vibes. But it wasn't really a lame ending. We know what shit's gonna happen to Hideo now, the other guys are safe and sound, JK got axed in the face just to fell from a helicopter to her death lol.

It was definitely an interesting read, so many shit happened in the manga lol. I had this manga in my wanna read list for quite a while, and I'm not disappointed. I just would've liked to see Hideo in that Ikebukuro building, reuniting with Nakata and the others, somehow getting Hiromi out if the giant zombie and saving her... Would've been interesting... Would've been fun... Would've been good... Fuck ;-;

There's a lot people whose dissatisfied w/t the ending, it's okay to feel that because there's a lot unanswered point of the story.
Is it necessary? it will help. But, it doesn't have to be.
let me explain, in the story there's a lot of plot points that need to be/want to be explained, but in the end of story these plot points becoming unnecessary to the character but not for the reader.
when you write screenplay/stories that grounded to reality, you need to put enough realism to fit the narrative standpoint, what the character psychologies and relationship to others.
as for Hideo is someone just lucky enough to survive and not in group that could be dangerous to him.

I felt the ending is satisfying for this story, you cannot find all answer in the end, sometime you need to accept it happens.

I feel like people are looking too deep into things... some parts of the stories were just ment to be takes the way they were, not as introduction of different subthemes or crucial narrative points. Just like the short bits in europe: their purpose was not to "cooperate" with the main story, they were just nice short stories explaining how the invasion would work and that sort of stuff (see the one in Barcelona). I also feel like too many people saw the whole NEET subtheme as way more important than it actually was, it did work and exist within the narrative, but off it wasn't meant to shape it or have a complete and satisfising conclusion.

Ps: this will never end in my heart, as hiromi never got reunited with hideo. It could've been in the form of an open ending or something, but I needed the two to see each other again, perhaps even in hideo's hallucinations. I just needed to see those two as one once more, have a sense of closure with that, although I admit it would've been hard not to make it the classic "good ending".

Finally 1 week of reading, I finally finished it!!

It looks like that's the end of this manga.
I want more uwu
I wonder what happened to those ZQN.

I hate the ending. Why the author showed us hideo surviving alone in tokyo ? What purpose the panel must be so long like that ? This is so unsatisfying.

d0v

You've got to be kidding me. 264 chapters for THAT? What a middle finger to everyone who spent time on this.

Users who are viewing this thread