I Am a Hero

this manga is so good, but the ending triggers me to infinity... argh

its hard to read last chapters for me too, but ending still fits this manga oh so well.

I'm gonna start reading this, but can anyone spoil the ending for me?

G-P

Dex-chan lover
This would've been better without all the supernatural shit. Also, what was the author thinking with that ending. Horrible.

@kaito
Turns out the whole zombie shebang is some unexplained phenomenon to evolve humanity into one perfect being, free from life and death, free from the burdens and the pain of the individual or whatever(an old hat since Evangelion). Worst part in my opinion is that the high-school girl Hideo meets in the suicide forest is a major catalyst for this event In Japan. She gets absorbed into your generic, organic humanoid mass of all zombies and saves Hideo at the end from death. A couple of other people survive the doomsday and continue to piss their life away in the post-apocalyptic world. Hideo wanders around as the last survivor of Tokio and the others chill on some island. And that's your lot. No closure on what the fuck was going with all that supernatural business or what happened to humanity as a whole or anything really. Very unsatisfying ending.

@G-P Thanks as well i was at 64 and was wondering why so many people hated the ending. Now I know not to get too attached to the series so that that shit ending doesn't eat away at me after i finish.

Group Leader
@G-P Just finished reading, I did work one thing out about why the giant things stopped as they did.

More or less, like with wasps and bees etc, when the Queen dies or is killed, the entire Hive dies. We saw it happen in Italy, and from what I can see Hideo killed the High school girl in that shot near the end. You can easily assume that the same event with the Queens being killed happened at every point all over the world, in the end the heroes always win. I don't think the manga was intended to follow the usual tropes that most manga do, if it was any other manga you'd usually find out the origin of the Zombies nearing the climax of the story. However I think the ending somewhat suits the story that the manga tells. Viruses' origins are usually unknown, spread incredibly fast, and even the world's strongest and smartest forces are powerless agaisn't. To explain the Zombie origin and story short, It was a virus of Alien origin intended to clear the earth while also creating immortal beings. Those who were somewhat immune to the virus was a destined issue, however they were also the perfect candidates for the hierarchy of the Hive. The ending wasn't satisfactory, but it still suited.

Lan

Dex-chan lover
For people wondering about the ending apparently the authors father died during that time span.

@Lan
For real? Thanks for the info. I'll check out the behind-the-scenes story. This manga was a blast!

Ending was kinda eh but still enjoyed reading this. Especially when he showed the first kurusu group and how they lived during the apocalypse.

Damn awesome...
Some people seems to not like the ending...
But for me, its a very awesome ending... the mc is just a side character from the very beginning till the very end...

yeah the ending kind of sucked, didn't make a lot of sense, it's still an amazing Manga and totally worth the time it took to read. If I had to describe it in a sentence I would say it was War-of-the-Worlds meets Shaun of the Dead. The Zombies were the best characters by far. genuinely terrifying at first, then gradually became endearing. Hats off to Hanazawa Kengo and his team for a job well done.

All in all it was pretty decent, I can forgive the the somewhat disappointing ending due to the author's father's death though.

Dex-chan lover
What the shit was that "I am legend" fucking no-ending about?.
A ton of stuff unresolved. The manga was interesting the final chapters utter shit

I finished reading the whole thing in a week. It's just too bad that the author didn't get to finish the story "properly".

Supporter
Came back to comment on this. It's a good ride. I wish the ending was different, but it was alright as far as endings go. I've seen faaaaaar worse.

My favorite part of this manga is the author's take on zombies in how they look and all. They're pretty cool. And that matters a lot in a zombie manga. 😜

Users who are viewing this thread