I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

Hmmm his dreaming of the future/past....???? Wow that weird to try and say, but anyway his dreams are changing the way he's reacting....so....could it be possible corsette is using some kind of magic to influence him? Which is why he was so ensnared with her before,and with his dreams of how things went before he's resistant to it now? :3 can't wait for more info. Super curious about the blond mage too. How is he tied to all this, what exactly happened before, and I want her to get with the knight 😭

why would it be the mother who’s suspected of cheating when cosette looks exactly like the dad???

@nixia
That's kind of an irrelevant point because in this story's setting, it wouldn't surprise me if men had concubine/consorts/mistresses. Additionally, Cosette's claim is that she's the Duke's former wife's daughter, so there would not have been any cheating involved anyway because it matches the timeline.
Also, it's exactly because Cosette looks like the Duke that the whole plot happened in the past. Kiera doesn't look anything like him, so of course the mother is put in suspicion, especially in this world's setting, which seems to be a patriarchy.

Dex-chan lover
Even if the duke decides to start paying more attention to his daughter, he's been a neglectful parent for her entire childhood. Even if Cosette didn't exist, he's still awful.

Yeah, the duke was scummy in the past. But I don't care. I've read enough stories about scummy dads from "Who Made me a Princess" to trashy MLs like "The Abandoned Empress". Overall, what matters to me is if the Duke can actually work to become a better person. Even if he was scummy before, being played by Cosette like that and being a shit father, what matters now is whether he can change fate by becoming a better person.

Even if his future self reversed time just to undo a fuck up rather than out of concern for the daughter, what matters to me is the present duke's opportunity.

small recap incase anyone forgot

the mage knew she traveled back in time because of a special mark on her and questioned her about it where she revealed she was executed. so he knows she already lost against this girl claiming to be the real daughter.

These manwhas always have people blaming the characters for actions which in the timeliness they haven't even committed

He never showed a single moment of worry for her daughter reputation in the past, showing now is him being influenced by the different timeline, basically is the same as autruistic egotists in the Good Place series, every good action and concern are tainted with his own agenda and him trying to fix the future rather than loving his daughter genuinelly so yeah,he'll forever be trash for me, good luck author nim let's see if you can make my change my mind...

We have to wait and see to see the true reason behind his actions, whether they are out of worry or merely for his own benefit, it's yet too early to tell.

Aggregator gang
No. Even if the whole world forgives him, I'll be the last one who remembers. Irredeemable.

Users who are viewing this thread