I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
Well then... time to erase this story from my mind. Honestly If they continued it, I still want to read novel. But now all motivation to read novel is gone.

Dex-chan lover
-makes the cover art for the series them in high school looking uniforms
-doesn't even draw them in those uniforms once
-ends series before anything even happens

What bait garbage, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
This was as good a place to end as any.

The only thing I want to add about this chapter is that Kyunwoo explains to the reader the chairwoman is from the same era as his grandfather so she's maintaining her youthful appearance using magic. In actuality, she's an old lady.

For people who want spoilers for the major developments, I'll talk about this in a bit so read at your own risk and will happily answer any questions. I'll be editing this post a lot.

After this arc is the start of school and what I like to call the 10 Scandals. While there aren't actually 10 scandals, the overwhelming majority of the families wind up caught in it so it's a good a name as any.
  1. Min family - Arin feeling depressed over her inferiority complex decides to use a forbidden tome to try to Rank Up as a Mage. Problem is it's forbidden for a reason and instead of ranking up, she becomes part of a plant that preys on magic as part of the Plant Food Bad End (literally the Ten Tails Tree from Naruto, you will see more Naruto references). Hanbyul originally saved her but this time it was Kyunwoo and she falls in love with him instead. This incident is where Haneul's two clone types are explained and Kyunwoo's Lion Cub title evolves into Blue Cub.
  2. Do family - A litttle bit before the mid-terms, there was a banquet for the 5 major families in the Swordsmanship system. Haneul and Eunbi sneak in and they are hit on by some drunk upperclassmen. When they get handsy, Kyunwoo appears in his formal attire "dressed as a noble" and growls "Hands off before I cut it off." His cousin Do Seungwoo (the nasty cousin) is mystified by the angry face Kyunwoo made because he'd never seen it before and then smiles to himself thinking, "If that's how reacts when someone approaches her, I wonder what face he'll make if someone kills her?" And so begins his murder plot for the mid-term exam. It ultimately fails and the Do family ends up paying a steep price for one of its members attempting murder on school grounds. I'll explain this in more detail because this is THE MAJOR TURNING POINT for Kyunwoo and Haneul's relationship.
  3. Black Magic family - Kang Hanbyul's banditry earns him the ire of a prominent Black Magic family and they attempt to kidnap Lisa Grace thinking she is his lover. The gang foil this plan and go raid the castle to arrest all perpetrators. However the mastermind decides to try to summon the Demon King himself and Kyunwoo has to avoid the Battle Between Angels and Demons scenario where the borders between the dimensions collapse and humanity is enslaved by Angels and Demons for an apocalyptic battle.
  4. Cha family - The Cha family is the most prominent Shaman/spirit family and publicly they are known to have the love of spirits. In reality, the Cha family has enslaved The Great Spirit for the past 180 years and driven it insane. Eunsol is told to return from school to become its next prison which would endanger her sanity and cause the Spirit Rampage World End. Kyunwoo and the gang free The Great Spirit who takes revenge on the Cha family by brutally murdering the family head. Eunsol for her part in the family's fall from grace is expelled from the family and now drives Kyunwoo's credit card bill and food expenses through the roof.
  5. Nam family - Nam Yuri is not human. She is a homunculus created by fusing various monsters. She has a major authority problem because her creator has her heart Naraku and Kagura style. Kyunwoo frees her from her slave contract with an artifact that reverses Master and Slave relationships. Yuri then becomes the real family head and begins ruining the family that had abused her so much.
  6. White Magic family - Kyunwoo helps a couple upperclassmen childhood friends get together in the hopes of avoiding the alternate route to Battle Between Angels and Demons. However, White Magic girl winds up triggering the event anyways when she stumbles upon the human experimentation to create an artificial Angel. Her family dreams of increasing a human's Magic Circuit count by acquiring Angel Wings. Kyunwoo and gang put a stop to the human experiments on children and Haneul realizes an Ain's ears and tails contain extra magic circuits. So the Wings Project the White Magic family dreamed of is shut down by an Ain that possessed the very thing they sought. In the aftermath, Haneul uses this to try to improve the standing of Ains by giving them something to be proud of.
  7. Chairwoman - Not one of the 10 families but like I said, it's most not all of the 10 families. She had been silently gathering artifacts as hush money from the 10 Families for overlooking the various incidents. Her goal is to turn back time to save her younger brother. Kyunwoo sabotages this attempt because it was never going to come true and instead lead to Chaos World End where past, present, future, cause, and effect all lose meaning. Instead, he gives her hope by telling her that her brother is alive and well but under a new identity: Kang Hanbyul.

Do Seungwoo has been crushed by the pressure put on him by his father. His father had been dead last in the succession battle before, but now that Kyunwoo's father has rejoined the situation got even worse. In turn, Seungwoo faced more abuse over his inability to beat Kyunwoo and now he's snapped.

H purchased Night Wasp Venom from the black market. Its a toxin that deals damage based on the MP of the victim and for someone like Haneul it is painfully fatal. The mid-term exam is a dungeon with 30 stakes that examinees must touch while avoiding getting their progress reset by other students in combat. Seungwoo rounds up his goons to hunt Haneul down and he provokes her by spouting the usual crap of "Kyunwoo will get tired of you", "Kyunwoo just thinks of you as a pet", "You're a monster!", etc. This makes her hesitate for just a moment and that's when he manages to graze her with his poisoned sword. Her magic immediately goes haywire so she retreats. Seungwoo gives his goons the rather sick order: "Bring her back. You're free to do anything to her as long as I can kill her in front of Kyunwoo."

The various allies Kyunwoo made find out about Haneul's poisoning through word of mouth and witnessing it themselves. Arin and Eunsol find Haneul first because her wild magic is super ominous and attracting monsters. Haneul considers using her magic to totally destroy her body so that she cannot be used as a hostage against Kyunwoo but she falls half-conscious into a nightmare. Seungwoo's words had caused many emotional wounds to resurface and she has an internal struggle where she tries to affirm Kyunwoo is different.

Kyunwoo finds Seungwoo and tries to taunt him about their rivalry not knowing Haneul is poisoned. Once Seungwoo reveals this and the fact he has the only antidote, Kyunwoo is briefly unable to comprehend that Haneul's life is in danger. Once that reality sets in, he goes ballistic and Seungwoo gets exactly what he wished for. They duel just like they did as children when their fates were reversed. This time, Kyunwoo doesn't stop at grazing Seungwoo's left elbow. He severs the arm and even stomps on the stump to make it hurt more. Seungwoo orders his goons to make sure Kyunwoo does not take the antidote to Haneul but Kang Hanbyul who is already good friends with Kyunwoo steps in. He originally wanted to have a friendly spar with Kyunwoo but upon hearing Haneul was poisoned that jovial expression was replaced by anger no less than Kyunwoo's. He basically says, "Brother, I will take care of things here. You go and save your girl."

Meanwhile Arin has been soloing monster wave after monster wave attracted to Haneul while Eunsol uses water spirits to delay the onset of poison. The both of them are at their limit when Haneul wakes up in her Witch of Calamity form. She sees how hard they're fighting for her sake and wills her body to protect them. However, she has lost her mental battle. She hallucinates all the hurtful things that have been said to her over the years and admits to herself that part of her is scared that Kyunwoo will abandon her. She casts magic that violently massacres monsters at great risk of a Magic Explosion due to the poison interfering with her magic circuits. When her magic fizzles out, she switches to her hammer and starts brutally murdering monsters.
Her rampage is so violent that the monsters start fleeing in terror. This makes her muse about how a monster could possibly be scared of a human. But their glowing red eyes and her glowing red eyes overlap and she realizes that she is a monster, just like everyone says she is. So in her anguish she unleashes her Gift but suddenly Kyunwoo hugs her from behind and covers her eyes to help her fall asleep. She is so overcome by his smile through her tears that she falls unconscious on the spot.

He begins to administer the antidote only for Yuri to tell him the antidote requires two doses. Kyunwoo despairs and curses Seungwoo but Yuri is an alchemist and volunteers to synthesize the second does on the spot. Hanbyul also manages to make his way over with it and Haneul is saved. However, this brush with death has made Kyunwoo aware of how he sees Haneul as more than just a childhood friend or powerful ally. He winds up doting over her nonsensically with random trivia about the weakpoints of a rabbit's biology. "They may have strong legs but their bones are very weak. They also get sick easily from stress. And..." When Haneul wakes up she briefly pretends to have amnesia and Kyunwoo nearly loses his mind again.

The proctors eventually show up having rounded up all the cronies that participated in this murder plot and Kyunwoo goes to finish the exam carrying Haneul on his back Inuyasha style. He runs across the landscape while Haneul begs him to never abandon her. Kyunwoo responds with a simple "I'm more worried about you abandoning me." This arc ends with Kyunwoo continuing that line in his thoughts.

Haneul, it seems you still don't know.

Just how precious you are. And how much you deserve.

The Do Family head rages for hours at Seungwoo's father over the incident. While he encouraged competition he never wanted things to go as far as murdering innocent people. While he shouted "I SIRED A DOG! I CANNOT BELIEVE I SIRED A DOG!" ultimately he has grown too soft. If it were him from a couple decades ago, expulsion from the family would've been immediate but now he doesn't have the will to do that.

He sends Seungwoo's father to beg forgiveness from Haneul, the victim of this incident herself. The apology isn't sincere and is at first a bribe before turning into indignation over an Ain overstepping their status.

Do Seungwoo is briefly incarcerated but released. Kyunwoo attacks him with a Night Wasp Venom concoction that Yuri synthesized. It destroys the victim's magic circuits. Seungwoo will never again be able to manifest the Do Family's trademark Blue Thunder. This is the one thing that proves he is part of the Do Family. Security cameras catch the incident but everyone looks the other way.

To help Haneul recover, the gang go to an amusement park. Kyunwoo looks for a specific monster drop said to soothe the mind. He does this with Haneul's mental health in mind because he knows her feelings were really hurt by what Seungwoo said. At the end of this amusement park trip, they ride a merry-go-round together and here he realizes his true feelings with, "Ah. I see now. I'm in love with Haneul."

Then he begins wooing her in earnest.

The are also invited to a ball by Min Arin who is also trying to get Kyunwoo's attention. The Min family tries to tie Arin to Kyunwoo and Haneul to a cousin. Haneul desperately studied noble etiquette when it was just tangentially covered in her Humanities class because she wanted to enter Kyunwoo's world, especially after what happened at the Swordsman Banquet. But she feels a little down because her etiquette was incredibly stiff compared to people who'd been practicing it since childhood. Kyunwoo doesn't particularly care though.

Part 2 because of wordcount

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
All this build up for a School Arc for it to end at the entrance exam bruh.

I do not care. I will murder whoever decided to make this a promo manwha. This was going so good. I havent read a single LN and never will. I guess the story of Do Kyunwoo ends for me here gents.

Dex-chan lover

The only thing I want to add about this chapter is that Kyunwoo explains to the reader the chairwoman is from the same era as his grandfather so she's maintaining her youthful appearance using magic. In actuality, she's an old lady.

For people who want spoilers for the major developments, I'll talk about this in a bit so read at your own risk and will happily answer any questions. I'll be editing this post a lot.

After this arc is the start of school and what I like to call the 10 Scandals. While there aren't actually 10 scandals, the overwhelming majority of the families wind up caught in it so it's a good a name as any.
  1. Min family - Arin feeling depressed over her inferiority complex decides to use a forbidden tome to try to Rank Up as a Mage. Problem is it's forbidden for a reason and instead of ranking up, she becomes part of a plant that preys on magic as part of the Plant Food Bad End (literally the Ten Tails Tree from Naruto, you will see more Naruto references). Hanbyul originally saved her but this time it was Kyunwoo and she falls in love with him instead. This incident is where Haneul's two clone types are explained and Kyunwoo's Lion Cub title evolves into Blue Cub.
  2. Do family - A litttle bit before the mid-terms, there was a gathering for the 5 major families in the Swordsmanship system. Haneul and Eunbi sneak in and they are hit on by some drunk upperclassmen. When they get handsy, Kyunwoo appears in his formal attire "dressed as a noble" and growls "Hands off before I cut it off." His cousin Do Seungwoo (the nasty cousin) is mystified by the angry face Kyunwoo made because he'd never seen it before and then smiles to himself thinking, "If that's how reacts when someone approaches her, I wonder what face he'll make if someone kills her?" And so begins his murder plot for the mid-term exam. It ultimately fails and the Do family ends up paying a steep price for one of its members attempting murder on school grounds. I'll explain this in more detail because this is THE MAJOR TURNING POINT for Kyunwoo and Haneul's relationship.
  3. Black Magic family - Kang Hanbyul's banditry earns him the ire of a prominent Black Magic family and they attempt to kidnap Lisa Grace thinking she is his lover. The gang foil this plan and go raid the castle to arrest all perpetrators. However the mastermind decides to try to summon the Demon King himself and Kyunwoo has to avoid the Battle Between Angels and Demons scenario where the borders between the dimensions collapse and humanity is enslaved by Angels and Demons for an apocalyptic battle.
  4. Cha family - The Cha family is the most prominent Shaman/spirit family and publicly they are known to have the love of spirits. In reality, the Cha family has enslaved The Great Spirit for the past 180 years and driven it insane. Eunsol is told to return from school to become its next prison which would endanger her sanity and cause the Spirit Rampage World End. Kyunwoo and the gang free The Great Spirit who takes revenge on the Cha family by brutally murdering the family head. Eunsol for her part in the family's fall from grace is expelled from the family and now drives Kyunwoo's credit card bill and food expenses through the roof.
  5. Nam family - Nam Yuri is not human. She is a homunculus created by fusing various monsters. She has a major authority problem because her creator has her heart Naraku and Kagura style. Kyunwoo frees her from her slave contract with an artifact that reverses Master and Slave relationships. Yuri then becomes the real family head and begins ruining the family that had abused her so much.
  6. White Magic family - Kyunwoo helps a couple upperclassmen childhood friends get together in the hopes of avoiding the alternate route to Battle Between Angels and Demons. However, White Magic girl winds up triggering the event anyways when she stumbles upon the human experimentation to create an artificial Angel. Her family dreams of increasing a human's Magic Circuit count by acquiring Angel Wings. Kyunwoo and gang put a stop to the human experiments on children and Haneul realizes an Ain's ears and tails contain extra magic circuits. So the Wings Project the White Magic family dreamed of is shut down by an Ain that possessed the very thing they sought. In the aftermath, Haneul uses this to try to improve the standing of Ains by giving them something to be proud of.
  7. Chairwoman - Not one of the 10 families but like I said, it's most not all of the 10 families. She had been silently gathering artifacts as hush money from the 10 Families for overlooking the various incidents. Her goal is to turn back time to save her younger brother. Kyunwoo sabotages this attempt because it was never going to come true and instead lead to Chaos World End where past, present, future, cause, and effect all lose meaning. Instead, he gives her hope by telling her that her brother is alive and well but under a new identity: Kang Hanbyul.

Do Seungwoo has been crushed by the pressure put on him by his father. His father had been dead last in the succession battle before, but now that Kyunwoo's father has rejoined the situation got even worse. In turn, Seungwoo faced more abuse over his inability to beat Kyunwoo and now he's snapped.

H purchased Night Wasp Venom from the black market. Its a toxin that deals damage based on the MP of the victim and for someone like Haneul it is painfully fatal. The mid-term exam is a dungeon with 30 stakes that examinees must touch while avoiding getting their progress reset by other students in combat. Seungwoo rounds up his goons to hunt Haneul down and he provokes her by spouting the usual crap of "Kyunwoo will get tired of you", "Kyunwoo just thinks of you as a pet", "You're a monster!", etc. This makes her hesitate for just a moment and that's when he manages to graze her with his poisoned sword. Her magic immediately goes haywire so she retreats. Seungwoo gives his goons the rather sick order: "Bring her back. You're free to do anything to her as long as I can kill her in front of Kyunwoo."

The various allies Kyunwoo made find out about Haneul's poisoning through word of mouth and witnessing it themselves. Arin and Eunsol find Haneul first because her wild magic is super ominous and attracting monsters. Haneul considers using her magic to totally destroy her body so that she cannot be used as a hostage against Kyunwoo but she falls half-conscious into a nightmare. Seungwoo's words had caused many emotional wounds to resurface and she has an internal struggle where she tries to affirm Kyunwoo is different.

Kyunwoo finds Seungwoo and tries to taunt him about their rivalry not knowing Haneul is poisoned. Once Seungwoo reveals this and the fact he has the only antidote, Kyunwoo is briefly unable to comprehend that Haneul's life is in danger. Once that reality sets in, he goes ballistic and Seungwoo gets exactly what he wished for. They duel just like they did as children when their fates were reversed. This time, Kyunwoo doesn't stop at grazing Seungwoo's left elbow. He severs the arm and even stomps on the stump to make it hurt more. Seungwoo orders his goons to make sure Kyunwoo does not take the antidote to Haneul but Kang Hanbyul who is already good friends with Kyunwoo steps in. He originally wanted to have a friendly spar with Kyunwoo but upon hearing Haneul was poisoned that jovial expression was replaced by anger no less than Kyunwoo's. He basically says, "Brother, I will take care of things here. You go and save your girl."

Meanwhile Arin has been soloing monster wave after monster wave attracted to Haneul while Eunsol uses water spirits to delay the onset of poison. The both of them are at their limit when Haneul wakes up in her Witch of Calamity form. She sees how hard they're fighting for her sake and wills her body to protect them. However, she has lost her mental battle. She hallucinates all the hurtful things that have been said to her over the years and admits to herself that part of her is scared that Kyunwoo will abandon her. She casts magic that violently massacres monsters at great risk of a Magic Explosion due to the poison interfering with her magic circuits. When her magic fizzles out, she switches to her hammer and starts brutally murdering monsters.
Her rampage is so violent that the monsters start fleeing in terror. This makes her muse about how a monster could possibly be scared of a human. But their glowing red eyes and her glowing red eyes overlap and she realizes that she is a monster, just like everyone says she is. So in her anguish she unleashes her Gift but suddenly Kyunwoo hugs her from behind and covers her eyes to help her fall asleep. She is so overcome by his smile through her tears that she falls unconscious on the spot.

He begins to administer the antidote only for Yuri to tell him the antidote requires two doses. Kyunwoo despairs and curses Seungwoo but Yuri is an alchemist and volunteers to synthesize the second does on the spot. Hanbyul also manages to make his way over with it and Haneul is saved. However, this brush with death has made Kyunwoo aware of how he sees Haneul as more than just a childhood friend or powerful ally. He winds up doting over her nonsensically with random trivia about the weakpoints of a rabbit's biology. "They may have strong legs but their bones are very weak. They also get sick easily from stress. And..." When Haneul wakes up she briefly pretends to have amnesia and Kyunwoo nearly loses his mind again.

The proctors eventually show up having rounded up all the cronies that participated in this murder plot and Kyunwoo goes to finish the exam carrying Haneul on his back Inuyasha style. He runs across the landscape while Haneul begs him to never abandon her. Kyunwoo responds with a simple "I'm more worried about you abandoning me." This arc ends with Kyunwoo continuing that line in his thoughts.

The Do Family head rages for hours at Seungwoo's father over the incident. While he encouraged competition he never wanted things to go as far as murdering innocent people. While he shouted "I SIRED A DOG! I CANNOT BELIEVE I SIRED A DOG!" ultimately he has grown too soft. If it were him from a couple decades ago, expulsion from the family would've been immediate but now he doesn't have the will to do that.

He sends Seungwoo's father to beg forgiveness from Haneul, the victim of this incident herself. The apology isn't sincere and is at first a bribe before turning into indignation over an Ain overstepping their status.

Do Seungwoo is briefly incarcerated but released. Kyunwoo attacks him with a Night Wasp Venom concoction that Yuri synthesized. It destroys the victim's magic circuits. Seungwoo will never again be able to manifest the Do Family's trademark Blue Thunder. This is the one thing that proves he is part of the Do Family. Security cameras catch the incident but everyone looks the other way.

To help Haneul recover, the gang go to an amusement park. Kyunwoo looks for a specific monster drop said to soothe the mind. He does this with Haneul's mental health in mind because he knows her feelings were really hurt by what Seungwoo said. At the end of this amusement park trip, they ride a merry-go-round together and here he realizes his true feelings with, "Ah. I see now. I'm in love with Haneul."

Bro i appreciate you writing all this. I can see the story can get actually interesting from the way you described it but this dumbass manhwa just had to end it right here.

That said i guess all i wanna know is are there actual POV from Haneul herself talking about her feelings to Kyunwoo or just how she views him in general? Cause we don't get to see much of it here since it's mostly Kyunwoo

Dex-chan lover
So I put up with all these side stories and typical ahh worldbuilding with prayers of greater development and my prayers were answered with "go read the fucking novels"?

I feel genuinely betrayed.

Fed-Kun's army

2. Do family - A litttle bit before the mid-terms, there was a gathering for the 5 major families in the Swordsmanship system. Haneul and Eunbi sneak in and they are hit on by some drunk upperclassmen. When they get handsy, Kyunwoo appears in his formal attire "dressed as a noble" and growls "Hands off before I cut it off." His cousin Do Seungwoo (the nasty cousin) is mystified by the angry face Kyunwoo made because he'd never seen it before and then smiles to himself thinking, "If that's how reacts when someone approaches her, I wonder what face he'll make if someone kills her?" And so begins his murder plot for the mid-term exam. It ultimately fails and the Do family ends up paying a steep price for one of its members attempting murder on school grounds. I'll explain this in more detail because this is THE MAJOR TURNING POINT for Kyunwoo and Haneul's relationship.

This entire thing could’ve been absolutely peak if they executed it correctly. God dang it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up. Feels good to see that the story is unfolding in an interesting way but also feelsbadman because we’ll never get to see it in manhwa format gah

Dex-chan lover
axes it there while introducing a new character... makes sense.

I hate when they make a series just to promote the novel, I don't have the time for a novel but a short manga chapter every now and then is perfect.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf? It just ended like that? I thought it was some sort of mistake, like end of season 1, but can't find it anywhere in the chapter. Dammit... I'm grateful for the translation but honestly, it's just a waste of time. Sorry, but I have to give it 1 star out of 10.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I'm glad to see this axed--I really haven't enjoyed it after the first few chapters, because it almost completely abandoned the original premise in favor of constant super OP fighting bullshit. So now I won't feel obligated to suffer through each chapter to see if it gets better.

Dex-chan lover
Post 2:

Summer Vacation: Kyunwoo's little sister introduces her own childhood friend as her boyfriend. She brags about how they hold hands and have kissed each other on the cheek. Kyunwoo convinces Haneul that it's normal for childhood friends to kiss each other on the cheek.

Class Battle: Kyunwoo and Haneul's classes compete in a friendly battle. Haneul's class wins and she spawns a bunch of subordinate clones to crowd around him. As a reward for winning, she demands that he spend 24 hours with her. When they have to split up at the dorm, neither of them want to go. So Kyunwoo sneaks in but the dorm monitor performs a surprise inspection that forces Kyunwoo to leave through the window. They are scolded for trying to have male-female relations in the dorm.

Bunny Suit: As a reward for studying hard, Haneul puts on a bunny suit. Their tame makeout session turns into their first real kiss when Kyunwoo finally can't hold himself back. Haneul didn't mind either. Eunbi walks in on them while joking that "this has to be the anime cliche where I think something naughty is going on but it's just something wholesome amirite?" One look at Haneul in a bunny suit and both of them red-faced shocks her so much that she drops her phone and leaves while apologizing for ruining the moment.

Officially Dating: The Do Family Head keeps trying to set Kyunwoo up with a Swordsmanship System daughter from another family. He needs to be "officially" dating her because Haneul is not appropriate for his status and dating rumors can wreck his reputation. This brings an endless amount of anxiety to Haneul. Kyunwoo doesn't want to make Haneul official because the torment his mother endured is always on his mind and he doesn't want to put Haneul through that. Things come to a head when Haneul is so upset that she basically asks if they'll wind up doing everything together except date to which Kyunwoo cannot even respond. Eventually he takes the words of another Ain to heart and asks her out formally in a private confession with a gift of necklace and flowers under The World Tree. Also, to reciprocate Haneul offering him her tail, he offers her his neck as the most vulnerable part of the body.

First Time: Haneul has an imposter running around ruining her reputation by causing various accidents like pushing people down stairs. She is scared that it's a surviving clone and the magic words "To me, you're the only Yeon Haneul" aren't working well. So they spend a night together in town to avoid angry students. It turns out it is indeed a surviving clone that had fled that bloody night so many years ago and lived in hiding. Her name is Yeon Bada, named after the ocean Haneul had wanted to see so much. However, this clone thought the stormy sea was ugly just like her because she was fake. While she had been afraid of dying, what she feared more were the faces of Yena and Kyunwoo, two of her most important people, looking at her in disgust because she was fake. And now seeing Haneul happy with Kyunwoo, she decided to take revenge. The Haneul Imposter incident is resolved with Bada being spared. With her own name, she has clearly become her own existence so she has no fear of disappearing anymore.

Marriage: The Do Family Head doesn't mind Kyunwoo dating Haneul if it's to learn how to interact with women. However, he draws the line at marriage. He can take Haneul as a mistress but his legal wife cannot be an Ain. If Kyunwoo fails to abide by this, he will be expelled. Kyunwoo is so angered by this he goes straight to Hanbyul's love interest and commissions a wedding ring on the spot with materials he has on hand. He then runs over to Haneul and proposes marriage and this is when Haneul's mental health is totally healed. The ring he made has a small ruby the color of her eyes. It's a color she hated so much but Kyunwoo loves it and she realizes the meaning behind it. Kyunwoo then bundles everything he ever received related to the Do Family and ships it to the family head alongside a copy of their marriage certificate.

First Night: After their first night, Kyunwoo comes clean and talks about how he is a reincarnator. Haneul isn't surprised. Both Eunbi and Haneul thought he was a regressor because his bizarre behavior that somehow led to the safe resolution of multiple scandals was simply too suspicious. But it'd all be explained if he was a regressor. She thanks him from saving her from such an awful fate and teases him about whether she is better than his girlfriend from his previous life. Of course, Kyunwoo never had one. But she starts wondering how a video game could capture their world so accurately and this causes Kyunwoo to also wonder. Then he realizes that he cannot recall how he died, his mother's face, or anything else besides the game and its endings. The resulting headache leaves him bewildered. From then on he regularlys dreams of the game but it's not a game anymore. He isn't mashing buttons on a keyboard to swing a sword. He is actually present and swinging a sword with his arms.

Shortly after Kyunwoo's dreams change... Academy City is in ruins. Kyunwoo finds himself at the intersection of Romance and Fantasy Streets, the most popular date spot. He sees his friends gathered around someone lying on the ground. He runs over and to his horror it's himself cradling Haneul. She has a gaping hole in her abdomen and it's clearly a fatal wound. OG Kyunwoo is sobbing uncontrollably and he yells out "What are you crying for?! What did tears ever do for you?! You should've protected her better, you bastard!" to no avail. He can only watch.

OG Kyunwoo, stroking Haneul's lips with his thumb, manages to choke out, "Haneul, I'm so sorry... If only I hadn't turned you away all those years ago..."

She manages to open her eyes. However, her mouth only moves and no words come out. The two stare with each other's faces in their eyes for a brief moment. Then Haneul breathes her last with a soft smile on her face.

OG Kyunwoo smiles bitterly and says, "Rest in peace now, Haneul. If there's a next life... I swear I will protect you. And if you would be okay with it... I want to be your friend."

200 years ago, the Grace Empire wedged itself into the world from another dimension. It was escaping from a force that can only be described as Fate. The Grace Empire used its space-time powers to jump dimensions in an attempt to flee its Fate of destruction. Landing in this new world opened multiple rifts and the empire was only anchored with the help of 12 World Trees.

The Head of the Demon Society wanted to ascend to Godhood. However, Kyunwoo and gang have been foiling him at every turn and now he was cornered. He winds up jumping into a rift and Kyunwoo goes after him. Together with Haneul who assimilated Bada into herself for a power boost to cast magic in the dimension between dimensions, he manages to draw the missing Divine Sword - Endless Heart and end the battle once and for all. This leaves him puzzled as to why the missing divine sword was inside his body.

Kyunwoo goes to The World Tree demanding an explanation. Kyunwoo is not a reincarnator or a regressor. He is the original Do Kyunwoo who underwent a special training program of the soul. The World Tree calculated endless futures through the eyes of their avatar Kang Hanbyul, but the best they could ever do is delay Fate of destruction by about a decade. They wanted to do better. So they turned to Do Kyunwoo, a swordsman that always survived to the very end in every single future. The problem with the boy was his timid nature and Hanbyul's inevitable crippling that would leave him unable to use Divine Sword - Endless Heart. Their solution was to pluck his soul out prior to his birth and toughen him up in a pocket dimension: his first life.

The World Tree implanted the divine sword into him and began showing the 44 most likely scenarios in the form of a game. This would allow his body to handle divine energy and eventually the sword. Only Hanbyul, their avatar, and Lisa Grace the saintess would ordinarily be able to handle divine energy. His first life is spent miserably and he descends into delinquency. Having accomplished their goal of fixing his timidity and acclimating him to divine energy, they put his soul back where it should be and seal the memories. They intended for Kyunwoo to perceive the endings as vague instinct.

However, meeting Haneul triggered a near total recall. This was unexpected. Kyunwoo was so devastated by Haneul dying in every single ending, that his powerful desire to save her dragged the memories into his conscious thought. He was that desperate to save his honey bunny. (Headcanon: Kyunwoo doesn't love Haneul because she's a rabbit Ain. He loves rabbits because they remind him of Haneul) The result was an ending that The World Tree had longed for that existed in a possibility they could never have seen due to the scope of Hanbyul's activities. Fate had finally been overcome with the help of a villainess that was supposed to have died. The World Tree assures Kyunwoo that his feelings for Haneul were his own and that it was never manipulated. They had never spared that much thought towards her.

The World Tree concludes by requesting Kyunwoo continue protecting the world from destruction. However, now that they are past the game's ending, the lack of advanced knowledge will make this difficult. So the World Tree upgrades his Gift from Evasion Instinct to Precognition. Kyunwoo is now able to actually see the future and like before, it can activate against his will.

In an epilogue scene where he takes the gang into a dungeon to destroy a world-ending item drop, he expresses his worry about how long he can keep this up. At that moment his new Gift activates and shows him a future. A young lion Ain girl running up to him with a smile on her face. Next to him, a slightly older Haneul.

The Do Family does not dislike Haneul. She is The Witch of Seven Colors's sole disciple. Bringing her into the family would mean roping in two extremely powerful mages. However, they lament how Kyunwoo's swordsmanship genius would not be able to be passed down to their children. Kyunwoo turned out to be a surprisingly talented swordsman, a genius that surpassed the second family head from decades ago, despite being born half-blood. As a child, he was born into the world already knowing the basic sword froms without having been taught which was unheard of. But a child with an Ain would be even worse. Ain do not resemble either parent genetically. In essence, their stats and Gifts are randomized.

Prior to the final battle, Haneul met Kyunwoo's grandfather by coincidence and they have lunch. There, he sternly grills her over their reckless marriage which can be summarized as

"You guys figured out where you're going to live?"

"The hunters have dorms"

"What about commuting, have you learned to drive?"

"No..."

"What about kids? Surely you've thought about that?"

"...I'd like a crowded house. And I think Kyunwoo secretly wants that, too."

"Listen, you two aren't special. I've seen your story dozens of times. How do you think Kyunwoo will handle society telling him he's raising cuckoos? The kid won't look like either of you. No, they'll look like you but only their eyes. And these comments will increase the more children you have. Can you really say you are prepared for that?"

"Grandpa, we will get through it together. We are not that weak."

"Bah. Take this and give it to my grandson. What the hell did he mean by 'leaving the family'? You were supposed to get down on your hands and knees and beg like your father. I'm counting on you... granddaughter"

And thus the Military Blue Sword found its way back to Kyunwoo just in time for the final battle.

Back to the present, Haneul is greeting the rest of the Do Family for the first time at its annual gathering as Kyunwoo's legal wife. She is ultimately able to secure her position through her magic prowess and the fact the Family Head acknowledges her as granddaughter. Here, Kyunwoo's sister also reveals she is a genius in her own right. She has already created multiple unique sword forms and manifested Blue Thunder at the age of 14.

Lion Nova - A unqiue "swordsmanship" technique that he created with Nam Yuri's help. He creates water using water magic. Then he uses the Military Blue Sword's Electric Current Emission to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen while using a combination of water magic to rotate the water in multiple vectors and light magic to push the gases away from himself. Once Electric Current Emission ignites the hydrogen and oxygen, an explosion powerful enough to wipe out a heavily fortified laboratory occurs. It's called a hydrogen bomb or hydrogen explosion in the MTL, but really it seems to be more like a steam explosion. Clearly inspired by the Rasengan and Roy Mustang. The training involved popping water balloons by rotating water.

Lion Road - A variant of Lion Nova using a water stream to behave like a line charge.

Military Blue Sword 2nd ability - Use electricity to stimulate the wielders muscles. Grants various buffs to Kyunwoo. His physique is enhanced to the point he cannot react to his own movements anymore.

Military Blue Sword 3rd ability - Iron Sand manipulation using induction. He applies this to gather iron sand on the sword and create various shapes including super long sword, high frequency blade, whip, etc.

Spider glove - Lee Gahyun's soul stone turned into a glove that lets him swing around on spider webs. Yes, this is a Spiderman reference.

Air Walk - Skill obtained as a drop from a monster. He disliked not being able to help Haneul in aerial battles so he went out of his way to get this skill so he could never be left behind. He can spend mana to walk on air.

Kyunwoo as a child displayed frightful swordsmanship. He somehow knew all the basic forms without being taught. He genuinely enjoyed practicing swordsmanship but he also instinctively feared his own strength. He was terrified he would hurt someone. Until he recovered his memories and realized the human body isn't that fragile.

Post 3

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If this is really the end, then I would wish it didnt ended. This ending is crap... :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
Post 2:

Summer Vacation: Kyunwoo's little sister introduces her own childhood friend as her boyfriend. She brags about how they hold hands and have kissed each other on the cheek. Kyunwoo convinces Haneul that it's normal for childhood friends to kiss each other on the cheek.

Class Battle: Kyunwoo and Haneul's classes compete in a friendly battle. Haneul's class wins and she spawns a bunch of subordinate clones to crowd around him. As a reward for winning, she demands that he spend 24 hours with her. When they have to split up at the dorm, neither of them want to go. So Kyunwoo sneaks in but the dorm monitor performs a surprise inspection that forces Kyunwoo to leave through the window. They are scolded for trying to have male-female relations in the dorm.

Bunny Suit: As a reward for studying hard, Haneul puts on a bunny suit. Their tame makeout session turns into their first real kiss when Kyunwoo finally can't hold himself back. Haneul didn't mind either. Eunbi walks in on them while joking that "this has to be the anime cliche where I think something naughty is going on but it's just something wholesome amirite?" One look at Haneul in a bunny suit and both of them red-faced shocks her so much that she drops her phone and leaves while apologizing for ruining the moment.

Officially Dating: The Do Family Head keeps trying to set Kyunwoo up with a Swordsmanship System daughter from another family. He needs to be "officially" dating her because Haneul is not appropriate for his status and dating rumors can wreck his reputation. This brings an endless amount of anxiety to Haneul. Kyunwoo doesn't want to make Haneul official because the torment his mother endured is always on his mind and he doesn't want to put Haneul through that. Things come to a head when Haneul is so upset that she basically asks if they'll wind up doing everything together except date to which Kyunwoo cannot even respond. Eventually he takes the words of another Ain to heart and asks her out formally in a private confession with a gift of necklace and flowers under The World Tree.

Marriage: The Do Family Head doesn't mind Kyunwoo dating Haneul if it's to learn how to interact with women. However, he draws the line at marriage. He can take Haneul as a mistress but his legal wife cannot be an Ain. If Kyunwoo fails to abide by this, he will be expelled. Kyunwoo is so angered by this he goes straight to Hanbyul's love interest and commissions a wedding ring on the spot with materials he has on hand. He then runs over to Haneul and proposes marriage and this is when Haneul's mental health is totally healed. The ring he made has a small ruby the color of her eyes. It's a color she hated so much but Kyunwoo loves it and she realizes the meaning behind it. Kyunwoo then bundles everything he ever received related to the Do Family and ships it to the family head alongside a copy of their marriage certificate.

First Night: After their first night, Kyunwoo comes clean and talks about how he is a reincarnator. Haneul isn't surprised. Both Eunbi and Haneul thought he was a regressor because his bizarre behavior that somehow led to the safe resolution of multiple scandals was simply too suspicious. But it'd all be explained if he was a regressor. She thanks him from saving her from such an awful fate and teases him about whether she is better than his girlfriend from his previous life. Of course, Kyunwoo never had one. But she starts wondering how a video game could capture their world so accurately and this causes Kyunwoo to also wonder. Then he realizes that he cannot recall how he died, his mother's face, or anything else besides the game and its endings. The resulting headache leaves him bewildered. From then on he regularlys dreams of the game but it's not a game anymore. He isn't mashing buttons on a keyboard to swing a sword. He is actually present and swinging a sword with his arms.

Shortly after Kyunwoo's dreams change... Academy City is in ruins. Kyunwoo finds himself at the intersection of Romance and Fantasy Streets, the most popular date spot. He sees his friends gathered around someone lying on the ground. He runs over and to his horror it's himself cradling Haneul. She has a gaping hole in her abdomen and it's clearly a fatal wound. OG Kyunwoo is sobbing uncontrollably and he yells out "What are you crying for?! What did tears ever do for you?! You should've protected her better, you bastard!" to no avail. He can only watch.

OG Kyunwoo manages to choke out, "Haneul, I'm so sorry... If only I hadn't turned you way all those years ago..."

She manages to open her eyes. However, her mouth only moves and no words come out. The two stare with each other's faces in their eyes for a brief moment. Then Haneul breathes her last with a soft smile on her face.

OG Kyunwoo smiles bitterly and says, "Rest in peace now, Haneul. If there's a next life... I swear I will protect you. And if you would be okay with it... I want to be your friend."
If what the other commenter said is true about the translations the I'm glad you're sharing all this and hope that you share more. This story would have been great man.

Dex-chan lover

2. Do family - A litttle bit before the mid-terms, there was a banquet for the 5 major families in the Swordsmanship system. Haneul and Eunbi sneak in and they are hit on by some drunk upperclassmen. When they get handsy, Kyunwoo appears in his formal attire "dressed as a noble" and growls "Hands off before I cut it off." His cousin Do Seungwoo (the nasty cousin) is mystified by the angry face Kyunwoo made because he'd never seen it before and then smiles to himself thinking, "If that's how reacts when someone approaches her, I wonder what face he'll make if someone kills her?" And so begins his murder plot for the mid-term exam. It ultimately fails and the Do family ends up paying a steep price for one of its members attempting murder on school grounds. I'll explain this in more detail because this is THE MAJOR TURNING POINT for Kyunwoo and Haneul's relationship.

The are also invited to a ball by Min Arin who is also trying to get Kyunwoo's attention. The Min family tries to tie Arin to Kyunwoo and Haneul to a cousin. Haneul desperately studied noble etiquette when it was just tangentially covered in her Humanities class because she wanted to enter Kyunwoo's world, especially after what happened at the Swordsman Banquet. But she feels a little down because her etiquette was incredibly stiff compared to people who'd been practicing it since childhood. Kyunwoo doesn't particularly care though.

Part 2 because of wordcount
This pisses me off anymore. They cut out all the developments, the things that made the manga actually interesting and also just used the manhwa as promotional material. I wouldn’t have minded it if they atleast didn’t cut out the interesting stuff but they did. Which makes no sense because how are you going to make promotional material without anything to get the readers hooked on to? The korean audience is probably even angrier considering they had to pay to read this.

Users who are viewing this thread