I Became a Legend a Decade Later After Telling My Comrades to Leave Everything to Me and Retreat First - Vol. 3 Ch. 7.3

Double-page supporter
I haven't forgotten.......but maybe you all have.....where did Ario and his sister get to??

seems like they aren't important enough to warrant being in the story.

It's refreshing to see an MC that doesn't drop into a 30 minute dialogue before killing an enemy, but rather finishes them off mid sentence.

Dex-chan lover
@traveling_chef you mean the adventure duo in begining ? Back to their own bussines maybe, dunno if they become recuring chara thougth

Dex-chan lover
Finally an MC that uses illusion magic the intended way and skips the boss monologue

Double-page supporter
@Fuew12 oh they aren't important or recurring characters. my comment is a promise from a discussion in the comments of earlier chapters~

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis He's a sorcerer, but also if you check the intro, most of the fighting in the majin gate at the start between when he got the draining touch ability + fought the ruler (at least that you see) was with the sword he picked up, so if he was at that for 10 or so years, he's probably pretty good at it.

Dex-chan lover
@traveling_chef They serve as background for MC to react to. If they weren't important enough to be in the story, then all the mob enemies aren't important enough either. It would just turn into MC chatting with friends, then killing bosses, on repeat. Sounds like a boring story to me.😉

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis - he is a magician-type, indeed. That's why he kills lesser opponents like vampire lords with a sword, otherwise it would be too boring.

Double-page supporter
@cor3zone that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm not saying Ario and Co. are pointless but the change made to them was pointless.
as a matter of fact, you were also commenting at me in one of the other chapter discussions when I brought this up. the comment ultimately is only for me and the guy I was "discussing" with. but to explain.

in the novel, Ario and his sister were just two guys from the same village.

I had commented something to the fact that changing such small and inconsequential characters was completely pointless in MY opinion and someone became upset with this assessment of those characters and a discussion was had.

but even after explaining to the other individual that I was stating my opinion and I wasn't, in fact, discrediting THEIR opinion but simply disagreeing with it, they kept insisting on how "Right" thier opinion was and I made a promise.

In another chapter discussion, I promised that every chapter end or every so often I would bring back up the fact that they are no longer in the story and that changing such small one time characters is pointless and I will keep doing so until they come back to the story and become more relevant than they are in the novel and that somehow this small arbitrary change will actually matter. once that has happened I will apologize for being such a huge ass until then Imma keeps posting every now and again about how irrelevant they are.

I'm honestly kinda surprised there isn't a page right after the last one with the MC doing his F rank tag line.

Users who are viewing this thread