I Became the Tyrant of a Defense Game - Ch. 104

Fed-Kun's army
This is legit how most people play a game, basic strategy of sacrifice your tank so the damage dealer can do their job, which doesn't bother people that much until the tanks/chav each have stories of their own.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad Dion was able to accomplish his squad's mission even in death. Though I am scared now that Jupiter and Junior are on the scene as one of them is most definitely not making it through to the end of the fight.
Almost certainly going to be grandma. I don't think it'd be satisfying to have Junior die here since her potential has already been highlighted. Plus she's one of the non-game characters.

I mean, the Author could go for a twist but the arc is clearly being set up for a passing of the torch where Granny dies off and Junior takes her role over.

That being said, an interesting thing occurred to me with Junior. One I doubt the story will take the direction of, but...
Junior's affliction is meant to kill her in 3 years, which coincidentally seems to be about the length of the game's 'normal' storyline (with how much threat acceleration there has been I doubt it will actually go for that long though in-universe.)
Now, how this intersects with the MC is that she's the first character he's been shown to be attracted to (I think) in that one bit where she faints onto him.

Now we know that the 'wish' he currently wants is probably to rectify the situation where he... I dunno, ignored his first fan who was having surgery? He was probably a jerk or did something stupid. However, a recurring theme with this story seems to be accepting your mistakes and living for the future. If his 'wish' (if he actually gets one at the end, could be plenty of huge twists there) actually is to fix that, I personally don't think that would be a satisfying conclusion since it would go directly go against one of the story's core themes. So a development I can see is the MC falling in love with Juju and using his wish to save her (assuming this development doesn't happen normally with some super rare item they pick up or whatever, it's certainly possible he just pulls an SSR elixir curative consumable out of his ass later) At the very least, I don't think his final wish should be what his planned wish is.

I don't think this is actually what would happen but it would certainly be 'a' natural direction the story could go.

Users who are viewing this thread