I Became the Tyrant of a Defense Game - Ch. 113

In a pure Resource Management sight.

They won BIGLY. Ash basically kept his Core Fighting Forces for Boss Fights alive. RIP with Jupiter dead but Junior is basically Jupiter++.

RIP too on the Elf Team their still 3/5's but All the Youngest are Dead. 😔

Pure Manpower Terms? They lost fucking EVERYONE However. They went above & beyond on the mission statement and achieved objectives.

It still sucks ass since their still living breathing people. And there's still more who will fall... 😔

Aggregator gang
Damn this make me remember that one game that if the unit dead, they died permanently. Worst of all its online game

Why the F*CK did you not use that earlier??
If you mean the Domination thing?

Only usable once. And it's resistable. Only under Junior's Spell does it have a Guarantee of working in CHAINING the Target.

Any other time of using this before Juniors Spell is a gamble for a Straight Bad End.

Dex-chan lover
The sequence at the end does a great job of conveying, at the same time, the weight of each individual sacrifice, with images of Ash walking past the corpses and flashing back to his memories of them, as well as the cold callousness of war through the impersonal Death Recap.

It feels like this Manhwa is at the same time discussing the cruelty and tragedy of war, as well as calling into question the way that media desensitizes us to it. A random unit’s death in a game, especially one where it has been shown that you can simply recruit more at the tavern, I do not think is something that most gamers would fret over. But that’s a lot different when these units are now real people that you truly interact with and form bonds.

I’m reminded of how at the start of the manwha, Ash notes that his only surviving character at the end of the game was Lucas. I doubt that we’ll see a similar level of loss - hells, I doubt Damian will die for all he’s shown to be pushing his life to the limit. At least, not soon anyways. So, I wonder. Is this Manhwa asking where that desensitivity begins? Is it asking where someone ceases to be a number and starts to be a person?

Users who are viewing this thread