I Bet the Chief is... - Ch. 8 - Company Party

Double-page supporter
it's a bluff. she's doesn't look anywhere near a runaway JK. you folded too early, chief.

Double-page supporter
@whoamiagain

The lesbian statistic: Domestic abuse (No clue about current stats but from an lgb site article from 2013: What issue will affect gay and bisexual men at a rate of two in five and affect approximately 50 percent of the lesbian population in America?

If you didn’t know the answer, you are not alone. The answer is domestic violence. )
And the 13/50 one is "Despite making up only 13% of the population, blacks make up 52% of violent crimes"

Dex-chan lover
@Mangareader 52% of arrests or convictions is not the same as 52% of crimes . . . statistics are interesting things (well no they're boring--I guess I mean they're less simple and obvious than they seem). You can find one to support almost anything; IMO they start to become meaningful when either you see a bunch of statistics and/or studies saying the same thing, or at least if the data set is massive and the people compiling it unimpeachably reputable. So like if 99% of scientists in a field agree, and say repeatedly, and keep gathering more and more evidence, that X is true . . . then X is true. If you find one stat from a semi-random site where you don't know how they got the numbers . . . then X might be true but that's not strong confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread