I cannot zoom on mobile on the home page, manga pages and update page

Double-page supporter
Today I noticed that I cannot zoom on mobile anymore regarding home page, manga pages and update pages.

I like to zoom for viewing the thump nails especially on the update page.

I'm not sure why one would remove an essential feature from the site. Locking the viewport on mobile is just savage.

Solution
Hmm, guessing it has to do with the fix for the safari input zooming issue that came up with the new adv search filter, very likely a temporary fix until something better can be found

AlexEliot said on Discord: ->

Tristan9 said on Discord: ->

Actually idk if it’s possible but it’d be amazing if we could avoid safari auto-zooming on the fields there @ AlexEliot
Yeah it is possible but that will result in android not being able to zoom anywhere

Iirc it’s by setting max scale to 1 on one of the head meta tags

:Ugh:
Why is there no value to say « never auto-zoom, but allow manual zoom »...
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Hmm, guessing it has to do with the fix for the safari input zooming issue that came up with the new adv search filter, very likely a temporary fix until something better can be found

Actually idk if it’s possible but it’d be amazing if we could avoid safari auto-zooming on the fields there @ AlexEliot
Yeah it is possible but that will result in android not being able to zoom anywhere

Iirc it’s by setting max scale to 1 on one of the head meta tags

:Ugh:
Why is there no value to say « never auto-zoom, but allow manual zoom » sigh sigh sigh

Who knows maybe it exists. It’s been a while since I looked it up lol, I’ll see if there is a sane way to handle this

winski said on Discord: ->

find a way that doesn't break the whole site by doing so
You mean, find a way that doesn’t break the site, maintains the same UX across all platforms, is good and intuitive UX, enjoyable to use
It doesnt sound impossible
But it is

Last edited:
Solution
Double-page supporter
Thanks for the reply and insight🙏

Users who are viewing this thread