I Can't Say No to the Lonely Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

i love how she turned out to be the polar opposite of what people feared her to be lol

Group Leader
@KitsuKyouno Milk's name is actually written using different characters ("forest" + "forever"). Not that the characters used in the name necessarily means anything though. Sometimes it's just a name.

Fed-Kun's army
Alright, I’m relieved new girl isn’t the blackmailing type. And I also had a feeling Honda had a shitty home life, but it’s nice to get clarification on that. Though this might also bite the ship in the ass.

Either way, Morinaga, do us all a favor and drop kick our girls together so we can get to the confession faster. Please and thank you.

And thanks for the TL.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, perfect! Morinaga doing work for these useless lesbians! I feels for Sora. Glad to read up on her backstory. Her love at first sight is too cute.

Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I still don't like Morinaga as a literary device.

Sure, she doesn't seem like she's a villain, but my issue with her was always that she stole the spotlight and the agency from the main characters. Now, even though she looks like a good friend, she is still stealing the spotlight and the motivation behind the relationship. Rather than it being a story about two people figuring out their feelings for each other, it seems like it's now a story about a 3rd person teaching a couple of fools a lesson.

Dex-chan lover
why the fuck would Morinaga call and ask that question? its so easy for her to turn of the phone and run away and wouldn't Morinaga wana see her reactions and shit to find out whats true and not? like when it comes to personal important shit like love then a phonecall is one of the worst options for that kind of shit

still she's a great wingwoman and I feel like this series might end soon cause of it OTL

Fed-Kun's army
+1 to what icekatze said.

I like the callback to their meeting in middle school, well played Honda.

Well shit, Morinaga really is that genuine, isn't she? I do feel bad about being so quick to lump her in the cliche rival bin, but neither am I sold on this narrative means of getting Sakurai to realize her feelings for Honda. Though, given how completely out of left field Morinaga turned out to be, I find myself looking forward to what surprises lurk in future developments.

Contributor
Morinaga is the female equivalent of Tasuku:

firstrate.png

Users who are viewing this thread