I Died That Day

Fed-Kun's army
9 months into reading this but the title still doesn't make sense. WhO DIED THAT DAY?!

Dex-chan lover
"I died that day" or "You know 'LIFE'? Well that's this but a bit toned down... For now... and korean."

I love this art style. It adds to the whole story being quite dark and even drained of hope at times.

The story is really one that I could consider similar to LIFE (That I recommend if you're okay with hating loving everyone in a manga, especially Manami, you gonna wuv her) but on a different pace. It's pretty good and even if you're like "Nothing really happens", it's a build up. Don't wait for it to start every thing in one chapter, just savor the hopelessness and happy times.

Also, I hate how people are just like "The protagonist isn't standing up for herself, she's weak and easily guilible" even after reading her GOD DAMN BACKSTORY!

"She doesn't talk about her problems-" yeah, go talk about your problems to some school councelor that seems to not even want to listen to you or a random adult (professor or not) that'll just turn a blind eye on your situation because it can be a hassle to take care of. And don't get me started on her family.

Why do you think that I compared this to LIFE? It has the same logic behind the silence of their main character, because it's logic. And I've been bullied, I know that feeling that even if you talk about it, sometimes it'll get worse.

Also, when you suddenly lost EVERYONE around you because of some shaddy rumors, after your relationship was so good, and the feeling that it was just a repeat of so many experiences, won't you yearn for the love of someone? People get desperate in hard times, they'll even sometimes lower their guard when they need help. It's not unnatural for Mc to start having fun with this girl even if it's not good.

Overall a good read. 8/10, will wait for the next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@StarrySky

I gotcha.
https://mangadex.org/title/5289/life

After some reflection, it's REALLY not on the same level as LIFE, one of my favourite when it comes to bullying and how everyone can turn a blind eye. But "I died that day" is still a pretty good read in my opinion.

Ah yeah, Trigger warning. It contains self harm, extreme violence, sexual violence too, pain, tears, suffering, attempted murder/rape and other infuriating stuff. Like Manami.

The available translation on mangadex can sometimes be pretty bad, especially on the last chapters. The quality is also questionable... But it's better than nothing. I preffered reading it on the paper version.

I hope you won't be too turned off because the evolution of our heroine is worth watching imo.

Users who are viewing this thread