I Don't Understand Shirogane-san's Facial Expression at All - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
This damn "gotta be faithful to my non girlfriend girlfriend" meme. Anger is not the correct emotion here.
Yeah. "Gotta step it up and actually become a real girlfriend," is the right not-a-meme-because-it's-too-bloody-rare.

Dex-chan lover
Pros:
+Childhood friend
+Cute
+Has cute "casual mode" with glasses and wavy hair

Cons:
-Makes herself up to look generic with standard straight haircut and contacts.
-Seems a little clingy

Ultra-Cons:
--Talks about herself in the 3rd person.

Shirogane is better.

Dex-chan lover
Pros:
+Childhood friend
+Cute

Cons:
-Seems a little clingy

Ultra-Cons:

Shirogane is better.

the talks in the third person is because girls don't really have a casual way of saying I.

Both sexes have watashi, which is proper formal. Then boys get Boku and Ore, which is casual and super casual.

Best girls get is Atashi which is just short for Watashi. So if you want to address yourself super casually they call themselves by name. It's why the most bubbly girls do this. It is considered childish though.

Double-page supporter
Pros:
+Childhood friend
+Cute

Cons:
-Seems a little clingy

Ultra-Cons:

Shirogane is better.
Idk man for me everything in that list seems like a plus :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
the talks in the third person is because girls don't really have a casual way of saying I.

Both sexes have watashi, which is proper formal. Then boys get Boku and Ore, which is casual and super casual.

Best girls get is Atashi which is just short for Watashi. So if you want to address yourself super casually they call themselves by name. It's why the most bubbly girls do this. It is considered childish though.

I know, it's just that the 3rd person talk doesn't translate to English because to an English speaker someone speaking in the 3rd person either sounds incredibly full of yourself or extremely idiotic.

I said this in another series that had a secondary character that spoke in the 3rd person and it still stands: I know that it's supposed to make the character cute, but for me it just makes them sound deficient.

Dex-chan lover
I know, it's just that the 3rd person talk doesn't translate to English because to an English speaker someone speaking in the 3rd person either sounds incredibly full of yourself or extremely idiotic.

I said this in another series that had a secondary character that spoke in the 3rd person and it still stands: I know that it's supposed to make the character cute, but for me it just makes them sound deficient.
Agreed. In English it sounds like they have a split personality. I wish tls would just swap it to "I".

Dex-chan lover
rena is just a lil bit assertive but not so much like a stalker, it's clear she's into and is loyal, that's absolute win if I were that guy tbh, just a lil bit shorter, still better than used to be gravure and indecisive shirogane

Dex-chan lover
oh wow I've never seen this scenario before! It hasn't absolutely been done to death!

Dex-chan lover
Or at the very least be in a courtship phase
Well, they kind of are, informally. Though the context of what little we see in the manga is insufficient to determine exactly how close they are. But from what we've seen, while her being angry is understandable, it's not the correct response. Talking about it, however, is correct. Talking is almost always correct, as long as it's done respectfully.

Where I live, there's no real line you cross from friends to dating, as it's all gradual and depends a lot on the individuals, so I can sort of see her point of view, but they're not living in my culture.

Dex-chan lover
I'll pick childhood friend route on this one.
Better yet, both the idol and the childhood friend.

Users who are viewing this thread