I Hate Things Like Love - Ch. 3

Wondering what killed it. Hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm. Certainly it wasn't readership unaccustomed to venturing outside their onanistic comfort zone.

Still, axing after just three chapters with that kind of mood whiplash writing...

Oh well, better luck next time miss Kayako.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, is this the ending? Really? Lol

And it ends with her like “is gross” and “I still can’t understnd anything” when she’s clearly in love with the other girl.

Jeez, in the end not even worth reading it even if it is short...

Dex-chan lover
Lmao, that ending. It's worth reading just for that ending, I love it.

Was it really axed though? It must've been in a monthly mag, but I've never seen a series end in only 3 chapters if it wasn't supposed to be a short story in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Whether I like the way it worked out or not, it was damn good writing compared to the average. Had impact.

Dex-chan lover
It seems to be a trend in yuri manga mini-series I was interested in to get a final chapter that is really disappointing.
Wasn't everything that was talked about in this chapter already dealt with in the previous one?
Seems to me both girls where clearly aware of the situation between them and the taller girl wasn't really interested in the other one yet. What was needed was for one girl to confess and the other to gradually fall in love with the other. Now Emi is clueless and her friend is: "Hey Emi, let's be lesbians." "Okay, but can you tell me about love? Cause I don't get it." " Well, you see, you've always tried to keep boys away from me..." "Yeah, yeah. But what's love though?" "Well, you are very possessive about me..." "What are you on about? I want to know what love is. I don't like it." "Hey, Emi. Let's kiss." "Okay, but what is love?" "Yo mangaka? If you want to write slice of life yuri would you mind laying off the trope that says all dark-haired girls in fiction need to have some weird psychiatric problem that doesn't really exist in real life? Cause Emi is really cute and it's kind of hot how possessive she is of me and it's cool that she is so clever and resourceful, but it would be nice if she was a bit more like a plausible human being and less like some mangaka thought it would be great if she said weird shit like "I don't like things like love" all the time, you know? So could you? Pretty please?"

Dex-chan lover
Well, what a awfully frustrating end.
The "is gross" part and Yuu taking her hand afterwards is just nonsense. I was ready to Yuu cut ties or a sudden realization from Emi but to go back to how it was after all this is just stupid. Tho the only difference was a empty kiss. Yuu was always aware of Emi actions and Emi still dont know what love is. So the cycle will just continues?
For a second ive thought Emi was just being thick headed but she loved Yuu, clearly her reaction shows is not really the case. So wtf now?

Fed-Kun's army
Huh, what a funky little one. I usually don't like stories with ambiguous endings like that, but this one felt kinda enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
So. A Demisexual? Demiromantic? That girrl is definitely demi-something.
maybe? but if so its very very unhealthy relationship. very much seems like yuu wants something out of a relationship that umi cannot provide but umi still insists that they be together and prevents yuu from finding anyone else. maybe thats the point??? but if it is, it doesn't feel like its communicated very well

Dex-chan lover
very weird overall. I can't say I enjoyed it very much but it was definitely interesting

Dex-chan lover
Basically, we got 2 and a half chapters about a girl who keep "stealing" all the guys her best friend interested in (mostly about those shitty guys best friend keeps falling for). In the latter half of the 3rd chapter, they finally start talking about this shitty behaviour and it hinted that their relationship start going somewhere. Then it ended/axed right then and there.

I dunno, maybe don't use the first 2 chapters of a YURI series repeatedly talking about one of them is straight and the supposed gay girl somehow keep stealing the straight one's soon-to-be-boyfriend.

Banned
Holy mother of garbage yuri works. I dropped it years ago at chapter one when the m*le was introduced but this time i still gave it a fair shot. What a mistake that was.

Users who are viewing this thread