I Log in Alone - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
@Qet No, that won't cause just an inflation.
That would cause a hyperinflation to the point that american FED would have to finally stop printing money whenever US wants another Bradley or something 😂

Dex-chan lover
@Doenyon well, some places accept foreign currencies in tourist spots or near the country borders, but you have to ask and be sure the exchange rate doesn't bite you later..
(At least in Poland, dunno about Korea)

Dex-chan lover
@tonie Yeah dunno for your country, in mine it works in appearance like that (france), but it's every time you pay in your own currency, like with credit card, it's actually a conversion you're just not aware off. It'll show off as such in your bank statement later. People will also frown if you give them physical dollar bills (they will accept it, but be prepared to get heavily ripped off... Then again, in tourists spots...)

Dex-chan lover
@Doenyon the topic is about the physical dollar bills so I don't consider the credit card.
Well that's for sure people won't really want to accept the payment, but some stores have those signs they actually accept euro 💶 or something, so I believe it wouldn't be weird if the world that used to have dungeons dropping US dollars for 10 years already established something like "accepting payments in US dolars" at least in bigger stores like Intermarche (not your local store) but obviously it's much better to just exchange your money at the currency exchange point nearby, especially one where you can negotiate better rate if you want to exchange larger amount.
While handling foreign currencies you always have to keep in mind the exchange rate so that's nothing new.
Also people in Germany nearby the borders often go to Poland shopping so it's not weird when somebody asks to pay in euro there.

Dex-chan lover
@Tonie thanks for the interesting perspective. :) (also, I didn't even know Poland wasn't entirely part of the european union, just assumed it was)

Contributor
I guess I can totally see the aliens going, "What is the most common trade item on this planet? Ah that. Replicate it, should be good enough."

Everyone: "wut."

The Federal Reserve: "Dear God Why."

(I mean obviously not necessarily aliens per se, but)

shouldnt low level enemies drop stuff like bronze and silver and higher level drop gold lmfao this makes no sense

@doenyon in Ireland, well near the borders such as Donegal, we can pay pounds in local stores and vice versa in the north(part of the UK so their currency is pounds) where we can pay with euro notes lol

PRAISE THE SUN
GHGHGAHHSFASDFHAFHFHFGHHGHGHAAADGHFDASHFHHFHH

I am more worried about how this would inflate the dollar, as the USA would have to destroy more bills to keep it from inflating from the dungeon money printers. Inflation is not a fun thing for an economy after all. [Edit: Ch. 5 talks about this from the translators at the start]

Users who are viewing this thread