I Only Want to Beat You - Ch. 156

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... So, in Korea, the students can't go home before the homeroom teacher specifically comes to send them home? Or was it a self-study session as the last thing before the school ends, and that's why it happened like this, to make sure no student simply walks home after 10 minutes of "studying"? I find it peculiar because you'd think it would be more efficient for the last teacher to simply send the students on their way, not the homeroom teacher specifically. But then again, this sort of very strict and formulaic homeroom system doesn't exist in my corner of the world, so I wouldn't know.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... So, in Korea, the students can't go home before the homeroom teacher specifically comes to send them home? Or was it a self-study session as the last thing before the school ends, and that's why it happened like this, to make sure no student simply walks home after 10 minutes of "studying"? I find it peculiar because you'd think it would be more efficient for the last teacher to simply send the students on their way, not the homeroom teacher specifically. But then again, this sort of very strict and formulaic homeroom system doesn't exist in my corner of the world, so I wouldn't know.
You kinda guessed it right. If last period is self-studying then it's homeroom teacher's duty to overlook the class and decide when they go home (if the teach's allowed to). A lax teach could dismiss the class 15m early for e.g. Also since it's just self-study sometimes the teachers would arrange a meeting during that period like in this ch, and if the meeting goes on for too long they could send a teach to go through each class & dismiss them, or just announce using PA system.

Not Korean myself but living in SEA the hs i went to was pretty similar

Users who are viewing this thread