I Only Want to Beat You - Ch. 86

Dex-chan lover
"But I'll have one soon" is the red flag of red flags. This being a real-life highschool romance it's kinda palatable, but in other story settings this genuinely makes my skin crawl and makes me wanna nope the fuck outta the series.

Dex-chan lover
MCs adamantly asking to see her phone and reply for her really felt clingy. Which was kinda a red flag imo. While she asks the MC "what she should do," I hope MC doesn't say straight up "reject him" like a demand. But instead offer his opinion. "Well... id like for you to reject him. But if you really like him then you should accept." That kind of Schpeel.

Though since this is a high school romance where both parties are very new to the feeling. I wouldn't say it's bad character wise for MC to be forceful. Clingy BF/GF aren't new.

Dex-chan lover
"Well... id like for you to reject him. But if you really like him then you should accept." That kind of Schpeel.
That makes it sound like he doesn't care all that much. Love is a selfish emotion, fundamentally. Or course if it's healthy love, it's also unselfish specifically for the love interest, since you'd want the other person to be happy and satisfied as well. Instead Gigo should confess before Blue Hair can do it. That way he makes things clear without needing to tell Oh Roji what she should do. It's her own business, anyway, and none of his. He just needs to do what he can so that she would make a decision that favours him. Of course I'm not saying he should do any tteokbokki confession here. He could take her to a better place after they have eaten. After Lee Gigo has made his own feelings and intentions clear, he could very well tell Oh Roji to meet Blue Hair if she wants to. It's not like Blue Hair would deserve to be left hanging forever.

Dex-chan lover
Bro thinks he has a chance 😂 Have you seen how she looks at him?

Dex-chan lover
MCs adamantly asking to see her phone and reply for her really felt clingy. Which was kinda a red flag imo. While she asks the MC "what she should do," I hope MC doesn't say straight up "reject him" like a demand. But instead offer his opinion. "Well... id like for you to reject him. But if you really like him then you should accept." That kind of Schpeel.

Though since this is a high school romance where both parties are very new to the feeling. I wouldn't say it's bad character wise for MC to be forceful. Clingy BF/GF aren't new.
Come on dude, these are teenagers. Answering something along "Why do you ask me" or "you know best" to such a provocative question (which is a bit nasty thing from Oh Roji to do imo, but still understandable) is definitely something Lee Gigo could say. Although, granted, our guy did mature throught the course of chapters, so in this case more mature response doesn't seem that much out of character.

Btw's not like this clinginess is a permanent behaviour trait in a relationship. Many people learn to respect partner's personal borders as they spend more time talking with each other and learning about the whole relationship stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Come on dude, these are teenagers.

Btw's not like this clinginess is a permanent behaviour trait in a relationship. Many people learn to respect partner's personal borders as they spend more time talking with each other and learning about the whole relationship stuff.
Yeah I get that. If anything its in part why I I like the series. We got a mutual affection where both are pretty dang awkward and corny with their (probable first) crush. There's gonna be some stumbles, but it's pretty clear the series will put the two together.

She attracts the 2 biggest weirdos of the town, one being like "she'll be mine soon hurrrrr" and the other speaking for her and asking to read her messages when he's not even convinced that she likes him let alone them officially be together.

One is a weird narcissist/obsessive and the other is a weird possessive/insecure, she's really in a bad spot lol

Hopefully she'll tell MC to stop acting like a weirdo and be chill

Users who are viewing this thread