I Picked Up This World's Strategy Guide! - Ch. 3.1 - Legendary Fortune Teller (1)

Power Uploader
I'll never understand sniping. Translating, typesetting, and redrawing manga is a non-negligible amount of work, so why duplicate the work for no reason? If you want faster chapters, ask the other group if they want help. If they don't, respect their decision.

Dex-chan lover
so she nearly caused the event to occur with her actions but instead decided to outright say what could be the future's outcome.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why you're bothering to do this when the other translation is clearly better than yours. And, like others have said, sniping isn't cool. Given that this manga is trending (which good for it; it deserves it) it's clear you're just trying to capitalize on it's popularity. Like damn you just want straight into translating chapter 3. What about chapters 1 and 2?

It's bad enough you're a sniper but utterly lazy too? Talk about match made in hell.

Dex-chan lover
What is sniping? Why did this person do it? What's the benefit?
Sniping, in scanlator cycles, is the act of taking a series a different group is working on and translating it, often uploading before that groups scheduled release.
For why they are doing it, probably depends on the individual sniper, but generally it's attention, with some even attempting to make money from it due to that.
Anyhow, it's a despised practice that causes tons of unnessecary drama.

Dex-chan lover
Blocked so I won't be seeing your stuff anymore. Sniping is annoying, especially when you do it at a much lower quality than the other people involved. I get that you're apparently desperate for views and eyes on your work, but maybe pick a series nobody else is doing instead of trying (and failing) to show them up?

This snipe is worse than the other team that was doing the job...wish mangadex had a way to vote upvote/downvote translations so you can tell going in which one the community thinks is best.

Contributor
Well, the prince is trash already, so he can onmy be better later.

Users who are viewing this thread