I Raised the Beast Well - Ch. 18

That last panel has me confused af. Was it because she looks scared? Shes connected and they feel something looking at each other? The panther thing he was worried about was kicking in? Was that her one eye turning gold at the end? So lost 😫

Why does she think he likes Lucy? Ugh I hope this misunderstanding doesn’t grow worse

@SkyLisette in the light novel, its explained that she's scared and terrified by the big shinsu around her (even though she tries to hide it during the ceremony and plays it off like it's nothing).
Later in the next chapter, she explains that its sort of a deeply ingrained reaction or trauma from her childhood when she was little and the bartender guy who looked after her had abused her. So she's got a fear of big 'guys'.

Double-page supporter
@Sootyxsnowpetal yeah, he'd have to be over 6 foot and her like 4'10"- 5 foot for that eye level. Basing this off of pictures of a youtuber I used to watch who is 5 foot (152.4cm) and her husband that is 6 feet, 4 inches tall (193 cm) who have a similar eye level difference

I don't understand why all MC always have to tremble over everything like damn girl I be scared too but I wouldn't tremble like that. Are they doing it on purpose to look pathetic or something? No hate to the manga I'm just talking about all MC in general

@direex he likes lucy platonically. i guess he’s more comfortable being around her because she’s bridey’s friend. it’s different if lucy hugs him in his animal form than bridey because he likes her.

It's understandable that the abused traumatised teenager is scared around giant leopards. She isn't even comfortable around humans that are bigger than her.

Dex-chan lover
Poor kid, amon didn't realise it'd be scary for a small girl to be surrounded by so many big animals bc he is one and he's also so strong.

@mary_here if you have a serious trauma, then you'll tremble like that. She didn't throw up, cried, nor faint, so I guess she handled the situation well

The king confuses me a bit because I don't get the interpretation that he cares for Birdy all that much. He feels responsible because she is his flesh and blood but for the moment it doesn't go beyond that, I think he will consider her useful later once her relationship with the ML becomes apparent. I might be mixing up hints dropped in the novel with things in the comic but the King seems very emotional disinterest.

Users who are viewing this thread