I Scared the Divine Lord as I Handed over the Ancient Immortal Pill

Dex-chan lover
Then stop scanlating already.

Youtube is a terrible place to be reading scanlations, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if you get DMCAed for copyright violations at some point in the future.

tbh this series is pure garbage, for example author already going against his own setting, travel rule :
  1. plant/animal less than 200g, book pen not allowed, proceed to take said book.
  2. when attacked proceed to travel back to earth, leaving behind all treasure BUT the book and MAYBE the elder token/pass.
  3. time difference between world not explained, what is he on the earth? student? jobless? how about his old life, where he got money? who paid his house rent/ utility bill? etc
  4. so the MC "cultivate" alone in the mountain, while eating said "treasure of the world" willy nilly, without any side effect? like you just took drugs randomly it's really a surprise your body didn't just explode.
  5. not to mention he just randomly took priceless treasure out in the open for ALL to see, it's like he want to get murdered ASAP. Dude you have no background, no power, nothing than treasure.
  6. not to mention the manhwa super slow pacing, chapter 13 we still don't see the "divine lord".. it's way better if he start as an apprentice of a sect , or start in a village that some elder recruit so he can bribe his way up, instead we got the MC showing off his wealth in an auction house

MC shows up in fantasy China world
Proceeds to spend many lifetimes worth of money buying random crap just to flex
Immediately gets robbed and loses it all, oh well time to become martial arts man I guess
None of this will ever be mentioned again

Like, this man could single-handedly solve world hunger at this point, yet he can't afford to hire a guard? His first act in the fantasy world is to intentionally piss off the richest guys there, but he had no plan to deal with any of the consequences? He buys the equivalent of a golden ticket into heaven for the price of a kingdom, but loses it to some random thugs and never thinks about it again?

We establish that MC is at least somewhat clever, as he's shown testing the limits of his isekai power, learning about the world's rules, using his power to convert trash to priceless herbs, etc. We are clearly meant to think this guy is not a total moron. So why is he such a bozo who apparently has no thoughts in his head about what he's even doing?

This series has pretty good art and an interesting concept, but six chapters in it's already starting to piss me off. I see now why despite having so much going for it this series has managed to achieve a 6.5 rating

Double-page supporter
The rules were about wht he can take into the fantasy, not out of, just that anything he tries to take out of fantasy usually rots (instead of staying home). The slower pace of the manga(manhwa?) Is ok with me, it's well and truly better to read a hero story at a reasonable pace, if the author wants to write a story about already prominent leader, he should start with a character who's already there, instead of jumpstarting an everyman through the hoops. There's zero need for a protagonist to start their journey after the story beginning, and there are mangas which do it like that.

Also if you ate every kind of a pill in your drug cupboard at once you wouldn't explode, and probably just get a diarrhea and/or fever instead, because those are things that are meant to be ingested at some point. The MC could reasonably due to in-story logic get the things analogical to the stuff he carried over, meaning no "refined" drugs and no poisonous plants that need refining to use. It's another thing if he took datura or poppies over, but most edible plants plant won't hurt you no matter the concentration. Wisdom of MC for eating those things irregardless.

I fully agree with Genericnamegenesis that MC is a bozo and a moron a lot of the time, but people thrust suddenly from poverty into wealth usually are, so It wasn't as jarring as just slightly annoying than if I expected him to be a reasonable human bean instead of suddenly child of luck.

The premise (and development) are as trite as they come, and the Mc is so far only real "character", but the variety (or maybe variance?) of beats the story moves around is nice enogh to mask that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread