I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 3 Ch. 157

Dex-chan lover
Well, the old man’s fucked 🫡 Godspeed Lord Ivan, stubborn old mule.

(Although since Tia’s the protagonist, she’ll get out of this okay. Perez is scary tho lol)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So we went from predicting landslides before they were even thought a possibility based on rain and tree cutting with enough expert testimony to give deniability for her future knowledge, to riding around during a multi-day rain storm into an area that has already had a landslide.

Was it really necessary to turn Tia into an idiot for drama?

So we went from predicting landslides before they were even thought a possibility based on rain and tree cutting with enough expert testimony to give deniability for her future knowledge, to riding around during a multi-day rain storm into an area that has already had a landslide.

Was it really necessary to turn Tia into an idiot for drama?
Damn, I wish you weren't right...

Dex-chan lover
She's being so positive about being in a possibly fatal situation and I'm here despairing because I have class later, damn.

Dex-chan lover
All blame is on the novel's author. People handle the webcomic are already trying their best to work with the mediocre source material. Which is a pity, usually when I reach out for the novel it's more detailed than manga or anime versions. Not this time.

In a manga that's so focused on plot and grounding the plot somewhat in reality, having perez show off clearing the rocks by being an Aura user feels really goofy. It's very difficult to help save people from a landslide. I feel like it would be just as much of an opportunity to show off the ML's good points by showing him as being knowledgeable about landslide rescue and managing a team rather than pulling out an Aura sword and fantastically cleaving rocks which could frankly cause a second landslide....it just feels so silly. And to ignore the casualties as well, as others pointed out.

Dex-chan lover
In a manga that's so focused on plot and grounding the plot somewhat in reality, having perez show off clearing the rocks by being an Aura user feels really goofy. It's very difficult to help save people from a landslide. I feel like it would be just as much of an opportunity to show off the ML's good points by showing him as being knowledgeable about landslide rescue and managing a team rather than pulling out an Aura sword and fantastically cleaving rocks which could frankly cause a second landslide....it just feels so silly. And to ignore the casualties as well, as others pointed out.
I mean, Perez is desperate. And from everything we can see, everyone else is already doing as much as they can to help with the landslide.

He probably is aware of how to properly go about removing the rocks (if he really is knowledgeable on landslide rescue) so him doing the work of breaking up the bigger rocks while the equipment to do so arrives is the best he can do with his special abilities...while not having enough patience to try and coordinate a team of people, at least.

And Tia going to the construction site...I mean, yeah pretty dumb even without needing to predict when the landslide would happen: it was bound to, so being careful about when to move would be the proper thing to do. I'll just chalk it up to her being careless because everything had been going so well she let her guard down (besides the author wanting a dramatic situation).

It felt like since Tia went up north, the story quality lowered. I didn't know quite know why I felt that way until I came to the comment section. Guess it's not just me. It's quite a pity since it's been good until now.

Dex-chan lover
Is it only me that finds it strange that they can see while being burried without a source of light?

Dex-chan lover
You know human can adapt with just a little of light right?? Although everything will be black and white
fat no, humans dont have night vision; we need a minimum of light to see something and considering that that they are completly burried, they shouldnt even have a shred of light down there, therefor it should be pitch black in that carriage.

Users who are viewing this thread