I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 3 Ch. 160

Group Leader
But isn't her current goal just to become head of the Lombardy family? I see no reason why she couldn't be head of the family as well as being a princess. I mean, the Queen is still the head of her family despite being the Queen. (If I remember correctly)
The queen's father was the head of the family, and when he died, the queen's brother took over. She's just a control freak lol.

Dex-chan lover
It's not like Amazon, but rather a catalogue based delivery service i think. The Sears catalogue is probably the most famous real life example. It was first published in 1894 long before the internet. And the website I found say the first mail order is credited to Ben Franklin in 1744, so pre-industrial revolution even
I feel like Tia's transport business shouldn't even work... It's mimicking Amazon but Amazon has a very advanced logistics system involving cargo planes, modern ships, and trucks, things that don't exist in the setting of this story. Plus they have instant information transfer via internet when this world needs to send letters by hand or pigeon. On top of that they don't have industrialization and everything is artisinally hand made; if you see a dress you like in a catalogue there is only 1 dress and you don't know if someone else bought it already 3 days ago because of information time lag. Do they even have printing presses yet for making catalogues of their products?

You can go back about 20 years further for the Montgomery Ward mail order catalogue. There aren't trains in this world, but they aren't looking at the level of shipping and ordering that Ward's was doing either. It makes sense, especially for clothing items. You mail away your order, they make it up, you get it after a few weeks.

The first printing press was invented in 1440, and this seems to take place in the 16th century, so I'd guess they probably do have printing abilities.

Makes me curious if they have sewing machines, though, that would be the clincher. Mail order catalogue clothing waa only possible because of the creation of the sewing machine. The first was invented in 1790 by Thomas Saint, but I.M. Singer and Elias Howe were the ones who revolutionized them for industrial and home usage. If these are hand sewn garments, they may take anywhere from two weeks to two months. The Lombardis would also be controlling fashions for each season at that point.

:wtf:

Much to think about that I don't think the author really thought about when writing this lol.

I forgot to say it because of Perez. Took me a while to compose myself...

Anyway, i still can't like that Chanton guy. He is too... Gray...

Someone you couldn't call Enemy, but you definitely can't call friend. He is the kind of guy who would sell you a gun way above the market price, then use that profit to scam your enemy, but after that he come back to you to also scam you.

He is not "Evil" since it is all for the sake of Sershow profit (he is a pretty good lord for the populace), but he just doesn't make the relationship clear enough whether he is an enemy or not.
well people in real life aren't all good or all evil either

Supporter
I feel like Tia's transport business shouldn't even work... It's mimicking Amazon but Amazon has a very advanced logistics system involving cargo planes, modern ships, and trucks, things that don't exist in the setting of this story. Plus they have instant information transfer via internet when this world needs to send letters by hand or pigeon. On top of that they don't have industrialization and everything is artisinally hand made; if you see a dress you like in a catalogue there is only 1 dress and you don't know if someone else bought it already 3 days ago because of information time lag. Do they even have printing presses yet for making catalogues of their products?
And all the public infrastructure

The kiss panel boggles my mind, I'm not sure if I can comprehend that well, but did they really kiss or just Tia's imagination? I take it as the latter, correct me if I'm wrong, coz she mentioned 'almost on the lips' and 'what am I thinking?' in the next panels

Users who are viewing this thread