I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year. - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Group Leader
This.... hits.... hard.

It may seems facetious to some, I can understand why people see this as nonsense pondering gibberish, but this manga just resonates so well with me.

I have been having a bout with depression and anxiety lately, and how the MC felt about his life, it just shook me. The way life is broken down into numerical monetary value felt so immoral, yet so justified at the same time, and made me ponder how much, or little, worth anyone's life could be. I really thought this will end in a depressing note and went down the nihilistic cynical route. Yet it somehow went on a high note, with an upbeat, actual bittersweet ending that doesn't patronize its readers, for me at least.

In a story where halfway through could have been written in a way that may push someone suicidal over the edge, it offered a hope, that we can always find a way to make what left of our time.... worthwhile.

10/10.

I have never cried to a manga before but this chapter just got me. I had a few tears before, and on some earlier chapters but I have never cried reading something like this before. I don't know what made me read this but I could not be more glad I did. 10/10

Double-page supporter
I was kinda expecting oyasumi no punpun kind of route cause of the depressing start and how high rated this is. But, I'm glad it chose this wholesome and bittersweet ending. It was well executed and had a really good lesson about life.

The first Manga where my heart ache, not gonna lie. 10/10

Bittersweet but it's a happy ending honestly
Great manga
Dare to say it's one of my favorite

Dex-chan lover
And here I'm again, crying with another depressing manga ;-; Though this one had a truly wholesome ending :'c

I ended up crying multiple times towards the end of this manga wtf 😭🤧 this shit got me fucked up

While I've had times where I would be close to crying, I have never truly cried for stories in manga. This one, though I still didn't, may have been the closest.

Aggregator gang
fuck this manga. fuck this manga for almost making me cry for the first time to media. fuck this manga for the weird fans it probably has. fuck this manga for having haters that call it "cringe". and finally, fuck this manga for making me feel so sad, and so empty, and making me ultimately somehow happier than i've been for the past few months and maybe even year.

Holy shit this hits hard, I never really cried to fiction for real, but goddamn it I came really close here (heh), overall 10/10. Tho tbh I kinda wished for a happier ending or an alt ending of some kind, like they somehow found a loophole around the lifespan shop thing, and they ended up living their original lifespans together, but ah well, that kinda ending wouldn't be as good I feel. Still, I'm very, very glad I read this, twas' a really, really good story.

In case anyone is reading this right now.
If you want to read works that produce similar feelings as this, read:
-Oyasumi Punpun:
Easily the most depressing piece of media I've ever consumed, and one of the best mangas I've ever read. I recommend it to anyone who wants to feel depressed for a couple of days. Or to anyone, really.
-Welcome to the NHK:
The manga is a bit different from the LN and the anime. The ending is pretty ambiguous, but needless to say the journey leading up to it is brutal.
-Flowers of Evil:
I recommend this to anyone who felt like a certain point in their childhood irreversibly changed their life.
-Onani Master Kurosawa:
Probably one of the more positive ones, mainly because of how the MC progressed and eventually became a better person. However, this progression could be equally suifuel for someone (because comparing your life to someone's who improved theirs is pretty harsh).
-Bokutachi ga Yarimashita:
Hmm... I would say this is Flowers of Evil: Electric Boogaloo, except it's with a bunch of HS guys instead of two girls and a guy. The art is really great, especially the pseudo realistic facial expressions.
-My lesbian experience with loneliness:
Another kind of positive one. Also surprisingly helpful for anyone who feels like they're struggling to understand their depression/self harm. But also can be depressing when you realize that your life, compared to this person's life (in this case, the author herself) didn't really change...
-Koe no Katachi:
Ending kind of ruined this manga for me, but definately a read for anyone who feels guilt over bullying someone as a child. I can certainly relate. Also has very nice art, and lots of relatable and hatable characters.
-Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou:
I'd like to call this one "depression moe". The ending is killer.

I have cried tears of joy after reading the ending. This was an amazing manga to read tbh

Users who are viewing this thread