I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year.

[/bittersweet ending, one thing I can say, this is the most beautiful and painful thing I've seen today.]

It’s 3am on a Saturday night and I’m wondering how I’m going to manage to sleep after finishing this. Pain and sadness and filling me up and I’m just staring at my wall lost in my thoughts. I highly recommend this to all as it is a masterpiece.

it really makes you consider the value of life and quantity vs quality

still, despite how happy the characters were at the resolution, I can't help but wish I felt happier as a reader now that I've read the conclusion.

bought this one physically, can leave you feeling kind of jaded, but i like to give it a re-read every now and again. worth the read

Dex-chan lover
I still marvel at how the manga about jacking off is nearly as heartbreaking as this one.

This manga truly amazing.
I Love it. But one thing to be missed by the author was,
Why would the heroine sold off all of the renaming life span she has, after the MC paid off all of her debt?
It's a bit weird.
Rather than sold off all of her remaining life span time excluding her last 3 days, it would be a lot better if she sold part of her life time to re-bought MC life span.
At the very least both of them could have more time for themselves, or better off they could increase the value of their live span after the re-bought again (just like what MC did) and then completely re-bought all of their lifespan again.
Isn't this smarter?
It's not like I hate the current ending, it just that I really love both this series and the couple, that I really want both of them to have more time and happiness.
Wouldn't all the rich people's live for eternity like that? Maybe u can only sell live span, time and health but can't buy it?

As someone who cries really easily it's strange to say that I didn't shed a single tear. This was a story that felt despairing throughout. From the start where we see Kusunoki at his worst to Miyabi helping pull him out. I couldn't help but think that the happier they became the worse it'd be for both of them at the end. But despite it all, I couldn't help but feel this uncontainable feeling of relief and joy at the end. The saddest part is not being able to see how they spend their final 3 days together.
10/10 for me.

It went like a gust of wind for me. Didn’t know that it only has 16 chapters. I have looked forward on how they will spent the remaining three days tho. Surprisingly enough, I have thought as well that I will cry reading this but I do not know why and what I am feeling reading this- as there’s no single tear. It is just unexplainable. Nonetheless, this is for real a masterpiece.

must read for teenagers as i am one too and just felt like writing this comment .i cant say i manage find the true meaning of the story but i certainly learned a little about importance of time .it kinda taught me about how easygoing i was. At the end,my favourite thing was the quote that "solving ur mistake wont mean sucess but it just means ur at the starting line".I know this sentence isnt the main theme about the story but it really hit me more than the main theme of value of time as i intrepret it .THANK YOU FOR READING THIS WEIRD COMMENT HOPE YA HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Dex-chan lover
lol some dude really react disagreeing with everyone calling this 10/10

they hate the truth

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, this short series should probably be considered a test.
The higher you rated it, the stupider you are.
It is a tedious and clichéd story concept without any sort of fleshing out, and raising a myriad of questions for which it has no answers.
The only good thing to be said about it is that it is short enough not to waste too much of one's life to get through.

It isn't even depressing because we're not even given the time to invest in any of it. And even the time that is given is wasted. I've read short poems that could make me do a better job of caring about someone dying. I was more invested in Renge's sea-monkeys in Non Non Biyori than I was the protagonist of this mess.
This is just a failure in every possible respect. 1/10 is too generous for it. It has absolutely nothing going for it. 0/10.

There isn't a single sadder series on this site.

Check my list, I've read a good number of them here, and if you know of one you reckon beats it, ping me. You'd be lying, but that's besides the point.

There is no comparison. Truly, nothing can shine a light to it.

What a shitty, shitty life.
YOU I will respond to, because I have a specific answer to your question.
And no, I'm not just going to say that half the series on this site are sadder (even if they are).
I contend that Oyasumi Punpun is the undisputed most depressing series on this site. And unlike this gnat's fart of a series, that one is actually good.... and by good I mean in terms of being an utterly soul-ravaging experience that will drain all will to live from your body and mind. I mean it nearly drove me to suicide and I never ever want to read it again, but it was actually very well-made.
This? This is nothing. The most overrated nothing on the site.

[Edit]: Also, if you do suicide from reading Oyasumi Punpun, I deny all responsibility.

Dex-chan lover
mr big brains wrote an essay, sweet :korone:
aint reading allat tho :meguusmug:

Users who are viewing this thread