I Stack Experience Through Reading Books - Ch. 117

@dasaikuru They broke up once, and now she has the nerves to say that she is still his girlfriend. He helped her become an actress and she dumped him because of rumors that they were dating (which were true, but would damage her major audience which is young males)

Dex-chan lover
You ain't shit all you did was throw him away after he helped you get your career setup bitch that restaurant noona is x100 better.

Dex-chan lover
Well... Could we take this as a "redemption"?

I personally don't really hate her. Yes, she dump him for her job. For that, i have a dislike for her. But it is also understandable for me. I mean, she basically forced to choose between her love or her dream that she chase and dedicate all of her time and effort into. If it were my gf, even though it's painful, i can't get my self to hate her for her dedication. Not only that, they are still friend either way. The fact that she still have feeling even after deciding to focus on her career means that her love is not fake or fleeting. So for this chapter, i would consider her to have redeem her self.

Fed-Kun's army
Part of the Sumi problem here is that she's essentially a public figure that lives off of popularity, so if she continues to be a public figure it's going to be really hard to separate the massive benefits she just got by conveniently announcing her relationship right at the moment when the nation is calling him a hero. Essentially latching onto his rise in stardom.

Another part of the problem is the fact that she kicked him to the curb, then suddenly decides to pretend it never happened and announcing that to the world, while he can't object (he's unconscious). Does she know for sure that he hasn't moved on to someone else? Does she have any idea how he took her rejection of him? Does he even still love her? She doesn't care, she one-sidedly decides to declare to the world in a hyper public way at the height of HIS popularity, that she's his girlfriend. Even if there is no dark side to this, it's going to hard to avoid the implications hanging over them.

Of course for myself and many others, the biggest problem overall is that Sumi just brings nothing to the story here. She's a bland hollow character who's just been on the receiving side of the relationship with the MC. When she has a chance to express personality or real emotional expressions, she doesn't, or she does the opposite and dumps the MC. She's a terrible choice unless the author is going for a partner who won't overshadow the MC in any way and simply fill the role. Like others have said, no one really hates her, she's just not a good character and is a negative influence on the reading experience because of it. IMHO anyway.

Literally what is this fuckery? ur the one who broke up with him like u have no right to say ur his girlfriend

Users who are viewing this thread