I Stole the Male Lead's First Night

@Wee IKR?

imo:
it seems author want make Bakarina vibes with ripley, but failed
i don't mind about Dumb MC, i like Katarina from "Bakarina" and Bertia from "Jishou Akuyaku"
Bertia and Katarina has their own charm and their personality match with their series comedic tone, But ripley didn't match really well with the tone of the story especially after author flip the tone a bit in some point (at chapter 20-22 i guess?)

she didn't know when to stop pushing over the duke and accept his feelings until it was too late and naively think the duke will listen to her because he love her after what she did to him, and without a shame she forcing her way to meet the duke without notification letter (dude that was rude af), then make a complaint about highway project because she thought he violate her friend's family, without even know what exactly happened or at least prepare some ammunition to argue with him

ripley is plain dumb, she has the knowledge but didn't abuse it, she didn't know how to behave, don't have memory of it, and not even trying to learn about it, she even use her maid shitty idea to fake her injury, she know how dangerous is if you messed with the duke, but still messed him at the end and thought she will easily get away about it, she put other people life in danger, she didn't have knowledge, power, and authority to decline his marriage proposal, yet she still did other stupid things to push him away, and thing that make she is worse, she is a shameless dumb adult who can't mind her position and responsibility

even she didn't love him tho, at least she should accept his engagement proposal or make contract marriage with him and divorce it later (i know this also a bad idea but she has not really has other choices, it's marry the duke or marry the duke, if he just focus to her, maybe he wouldn't really trying harm others for a while)

i have good expectation of this manhwa, i thought it will be fun isekai like Bakarina, but i changed my mind with this story development
especially after ripley pretend to be injured, it's going downhill, ofc the duke finally able to express his feeling but it's like everything is back to zero after he caught her faking her injury and going out with her friends, this story is not fun anymore (at least for me)

also it seems i have problems with HWANG Do-Tol 's stories especially about MC, chara interaction and how she developt her characters and stories, she has a good premise but not executing it really well, like what she did with "I Picked Up the Second Male Lead After the Ending"

good for you guys who still enjoy this one, but i'm drop reading this series

Wee

@yudh08 I agree. They should have kept the tone lighthearted, or given the MC a bit of tact. With the recent chapters, she just comes off as an overbearing asshat, like I admit the Duke did some serious shady shit to get together with Ripley, but she's behaving like a child, and it's not endearing anymore, especially now that they have cleared the air between them. She makes no efforts in the relationship, their communication is just based on the Duke's speculation and his mindreading on Ripley's motives, idr if she even has confessed to him, and is treating the Duke like a tool, her behaviour is just bothering me so much.

HWANG Do-Tol : i want to write a josei story, but i didn't really know how to do it πŸ€”
*write a shoujo story with sex on it
HWANG Do-Tol : this is my josei story

@yudh08 yeah fair assessment. Ive read those two and my god are they sweet as a pie kind of a story. But this is quite messy specially with how ripley is written and how the author decided to start her relationship with the duke.
But im staying coz i enjoy the art and the damn cliffhangers are killing me i wanna know what happens next

Wait... A lot of comments seem to be hating on the fact Ripley pushed her boyfriend to be a fake boyfriend to someone else, but she never asked him to tho? She asked for Wright but Zeronis showed up instead. Then she got upset over Zeronis' extreme ideas of basically ruining a family's life, which made her say that's why she asked for Wright, which Zeronis took as a challenge. Never did she ever ask Zeronis to be the fake boyfriend. He took it up on his own because he wanted a little payback to Ripley's words.
Ofc she could've stopped him but we already know this girl has the tendency not to say stuff like that thinking it would work out (which is what started trouble in her previous life)

Double-page supporter
It’s funny coz it was just a story, but if somebody does this in real life, I don’t think it will end well. Ripley just keep shooting herself in the foot and never learn. Zeronis is my favourite for get back to her right there ( he was a bit too mean though). I love how the artist make him look so handsome with just a few lines.

lol i love them both.

I like the way the Duke teases her every time she pulls the little scheme of her lol, which we knew - and the Duke trusted - it's most likely out of good will.

If I was the Duke I'd love her as well. She has some admirable traits that other FLs in manga lack of.
She is not the petty type, she is very forgiving and hopes for everyone to have a happy ending, even the villainess. She makes an attempt to befriend her enemy, cheers up her friend while she herself was the one who got hurt, knows when to stand up against the Duke and when she should properly apologize, and she'd apologize immediately as soon as she realizes her mistake.

I love her more each time she's outspoken about her true feelings. The Duke must have felt like that too.. no wonder why he's touched and fell for her even more ^^

Uhm, I totally get y'all criticisms about Ripley, but

I kinda enjoy that she's dumb...? I mean, it is not easy to learn from your mistakes, and Ripley didn't really get to overcome her past experience with "romantic" interactions. She's really insecure because, well, she's not too eager to experience something she believes is bound to happen. She's impulsive and doesn't really reflect upon her actions fast enough, which is both funny and very realistic, in a way. It's really difficult to be rational all the time and, to me, it would be really out-of-character for Ripley to do so because, uhm, she's pretty naive, comic relief aside. She's really bad at speaking her mind, other thing I find super frustrating but, yes, very real. Everybody's a lil' bit awkward.

Also, the duke is a really tough cookie. Everything is a fucking challenge to him. Zeronis, please, chill out. You know your girl is stupid. Don't feed her up. Jealousy is not cute for anybody.

I wouldn't classify this manhwa as Josei, though. It lacks character development, complexity; something I don't believe this'll have. I'm here for the giggles tho. No regrets.

(Please excuse my english, not my first language 😳)

Ahhh the urge to throw my phone across the room ✨ is astounding 😭😳 the secondhand embarrassment is strong πŸ€§πŸ˜‚

I love how Zeronis is tired of Ripley's schemes but falls for it\gets involved somehow every single time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Users who are viewing this thread