I Turned off the Pain Perception Setting! - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
the translation team LOVE among us its been using like 3 time

Dex-chan lover
With her faulty logic in previous chapter, MC was lucky that Serena was really an impostor.
Imagine if that Serena was real and MC just slashed her neck like that.
:worry:
Maybe she never eat stew there? The early events are "eat one food, sleep, attack by demon, sleep again, church", right?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe she never eat stew there? The early events are "eat one food, sleep, attack by demon, sleep again, church", right?
If that's her logic then it's okay, but it wasn't.
She confused "first stew" with "first food."
Luckily the result was the same.
:nyoron:

Supporter
Could it be a slight translation issue? I don't know anything about Korean, but what comes to my mind is how "gohan" means both rice and meal in Japanese. It the type of error that would be easy to miss since it would be a technically correct translation and knowing what is contextually correct requires knowledge from a much earlier chapter.

Dex-chan lover
So the demon destroyed the train cars behind them how many people were killed by that ? :worry: :worry:

Group Leader
Could it be a slight translation issue? I don't know anything about Korean, but what comes to my mind is how "gohan" means both rice and meal in Japanese. It the type of error that would be easy to miss since it would be a technically correct translation and knowing what is contextually correct requires knowledge from a much earlier chapter.
w-wha...
Okay tell me if 스튜 literally didn't say stew
I don't understand the confusion and why does this thought even appeared because I don't think it's wrong because in chapter 2 it's clearly steak/meat that she's eating, nothing close to being something similar to stew or liquid-ish. So Anastasha asked fake Serena, do you remember the stew i had? Since she never had stew, and Serena wouldn't forget that since Anastasha also got hurt/injured terribly because of that1722863575978.png

Last edited:
Group Leader
w-wha...
Okay tell me if 스튜 literally didn't say stew
I don't understand the confusion and why does this thought even appeared because I don't think it's wrong because in chapter 2 it's clearly steak/meat that she's eating, nothing close to being something similar to stew or liquid-ish. So Anastasha asked fake Serena, do you remember the stew i had? Since she never had stew, and Serena wouldn't forget that since Anastasha also got hurt/injured terribly because of thatView attachment 5773
I imagine it's because there may be interactions off-screen that us readers don't see, so it could be possible that they did have stew together at some point.

Group Leader
I imagine it's because there may be interactions off-screen that us readers don't see, so it could be possible that they did have stew together at some point.
Ah sigh... The main point of it all is just "Do you remember the stew I had when I first arrived at the magic tower? Do you remember the food I had for the first time at the magic tower?" I truly have no idea where the confusion lays as it's 100% explained in the narration in chapter 16. However if the word/sentences "do you remember the stew I had the first time in Magic Tower?" way too ambiguous and confusing. I've changed it in chapter 16.
Thank you and if you feel that the translation is wacky and off do tell me again I'll do my best to fix it, my apologies for not being clear enough since it was probably my mistake for PRing my own translation, and thank you for pointing out any possible mistranslation.

Asha isn't aware the characters are at least partially cognizant of past playthroughs. You're misattributing your knowledge of the story from an omniscient reader's viewpoint to a character without all the answers and assuming Serena has deep-rooted memories of all events from previous playthroughs rather than the misty, dream-like sequences they're been presented as thus far. Even if we were to assume Serena does remember everything and they did have stew in one of the previous playthroughs, would Serena remember it as vividly as she would this time around when the MC spat up blood and fell ill after being hand-fed? Asha's logic was sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread