I Turned off the Pain Perception Setting! - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Hmm, so...is the game a real world? Or is the game 'alive'?
The 'regressions' are like new game plus, kinda?
The game being a real world is very unlikely. I think it's more like new game+ rather than the game becoming 'alive' after MC cleared all the endings, with only the main characters 'remembering' their interactions with MC from their respective storyline/endings.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’m really enjoying the Story so far. It reminds me of “When the Villainess loves”, but now it sets in a Game world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Somehow they remember..or atleast dream all the playthrough she had go through? Hmm I am hooked but i always catched up lol

Dex-chan lover
I love how their conversation is running in parallel. It's like they're talking the same thing, but they actually aren't.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not a fan of the writing in this webtoon. Have you ever lay in bed at night, and wondered what it'd be like if you were terminally ill and surrounded by your family as like a dramatic daydream? This is like that, but in webtoon form. There are no stakes to this, so it's boring. Like, it'd be better if she played without pain receptors only to find that in this playthrough, they're forced on. That would at least add a little tension. It'd give her an actual reason to avoid magic, and the constant pain would make her take the whole situation more seriously. Instead, this whole thing feels like a boring cutscene, making any dialogue of "Don't pity me! You'll only hurt yourselves" seem hollow and attention-seeking.
On top of that, do you actually expect me to believe that this is a super advanced VR game with hyperrealistic NPC and it only has a few multiple choice "dialogue options"? And the girl can't seem to be able to wrap her head around the fact that the game is a New Game+ so it's going to remember your last play through? Like hunny, we have games that can do that in the present day. The second the Grand Duke said, "you don't remember me?" She should have immediately been able to figure it out. Not a fan. 4/10

Users who are viewing this thread