I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - 「I Want To Eat Your Pancreas」

For those who disappointed.

Her death is to simulate dying too early. We all have been expecting she will die because of her illness surrounded by friend and family. But in this story, she died earlier than expected.

And the moral of the story is that live life to the fullest because you can die anytime even when your life span already cut short by an illness

Just feels a little too random, to get killed in the middle of the day in such a dramatic way by a serial killer on the day you're released from the hospital.
I know some people are saying, "It's so deep, it conveys the fact that you can get killed in a random ridiculous way at any time or place", but it kind of breaks my suspension of disbelief.
If they wanted to convey a random untimely death why not use something more common/realistic like a car accident.
They were already building up for her imminent death so dying in itself wasn't really surprising, making it a twist murder just seemed to be for shock value.
A real twist would've been if the guy died since that would've been totally unexpected, unplanned, and better conveyed that death is unpredictable.
Generally the writing and relationships are good but this part is meh.

This would have hit harder if I wasn't a veteran of Kara no Shoujo.

It still hurts though.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
What the actual fuck. I can't compute this.

Dex-chan lover
what the fuck???? this isn't bittersweet like I have expected, this is just sad...

Dex-chan lover
This is such a shitty way for the story to go. Yes, it's been alluded to that someone can get hit by a car and die. Or that the previous murder victim wouldn't have expected to out live her. But it's still forced into the story in a way that feels really obvious and bland. The mangaka could have chosen anything else to drive the point home of "live every day as if it's your last" and they screwed it up big time imo. But I suppose her death was a given regardless. Hopefully the last two chapters can bring wrap everything up nicely. We still have her diary to read.

Last edited:
Contributor
For those who disappointed.

Her death is to simulate dying too early. We all have been expecting she will die because of her illness surrounded by friend and family. But in this story, she died earlier than expected.

And the moral of the story is that live life to the fullest because you can die anytime even when your life span already cut short by an illness

sorry mate, the moral of the story is that to be edgy authors can do all kind of shit, and that's it

Users who are viewing this thread